Lifetime Powertrain Warranty - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

I asked a dealer here in the GTA about that and why the US website offerings were not visible on the Canadian website.

Well it turns out that Chrysler had a different warranty for the US and Canada and it was never ever available to Canadians. Well it strike me as a double standard and exploiting Canadian customers. They pull the Lifetime offering maybe realizing the CVT may be a bigger issue than they thought and could cost them money. Well the way I see it we'll all bite the bullet on the CVT and its a matter of when not if. Its not reliable as it stands and without manufacturer backing the product cannot be trusted to preform to expectations nor to the Jeep reputation.

Warranty instills confidence as GM through a 160,000 on their rides last year standing behind their engineering which was a first. There was a time when Chrysler had a 7 year warranty as well. I don't know about others but I don't have the funds to buy another product from a manufacturer once burned by them. There are plenty of makes to pick from. Reliability, dependability, Durability are a must otherwise I'll take my money elsewhere. The money is still good and flawless 3 - 5 years later but the product may be junk that it bought.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Thanks for answering my question, I was wondering if it was ever available in Canada and I have to agree with you, kind of a big disappointment, I know I would be upset if it were me as it seems something like that would be standard U.S or Canada.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 7 Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

I got that from the manager of a major Toronto Dealership. The Lifetime warranty was never offered in Canada. Many of the warranties on the US website are not in Canada either. Different policies despite all warranties are North American Wide coverage. I have a little over 10,000km to decide whether to invest in the an extended warranty. Tie rods alone don't justify it as they're cheap but front struts, ball joints, bearing etc might add enough to come close. I should not be in this predicament with a new vehicle.
Pay now or pay later?

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-26-2011, 02:26 PM

From what I remember about the life time warranty was that Jeep did want to offer it in Canada but for some reason the provinces had to approve it and not all of them were on board for it. I don't why they had to approve though.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-26-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

GM jumped to a 160,000k warranty without a fuss recently. Others are also better warranties today. The poorer warranty along with poor quality parts only aggrivate the situation with their vehicles. Then even when you're covered and they won't address the problem claiming it to be a normal, adds insult to the situation.

Memories are long and no amount of advertising counters ones experiences or referals from friends and colleagues.

Edit: Been looking for a younger replacement for my Grand Cherokee with over 289k on it. I looked at a RAM a then smacked myself to reality. Its made by Chrysler and moved on to look at the Sante Fe AWD. Looks very nice I must say.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Last edited by tripplec; 08-14-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: updated and corrected typos
post #6 of 7 Old 08-12-2014, 08:07 PM

So what is the transmission warranty on a Compass 2007?

Does anyone know what is the warranty on the transmission of a Jeep Compass 2007? I am the first owner and I bought my Jeep in Georgia.

Thanks!
post #7 of 7 Old 08-14-2014, 12:07 PM

The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty applies to most new model-year 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 vehicles purchased from dealer inventory on or after July 26, 2007. The warranty will cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components.

The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee.

To continue warranty coverage, the owner must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in