Dealer test drove my Jeep 249 miles!!!! - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tripplec

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 10-31-2015, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Dealer test drove my Jeep 249 miles!!!!

Has anybody ever heard of a dealer putting 249 miles on a car to test drive it to make sure its OK after it was in for warranty work? It was in to repair the same problem for the second time. Then they give it to me with an empty tank. Was nearly full when I brought it to them. I asked them to fill it and they did. But what pissed me off more was the mess they left inside. I admit I am "auto anal". I had just cleaned this Jeep inside and out the day before it went back to the dealer. When I received it there was food and wrappers everywhere. Crumbs all over the console and down under the seats. Just spent two hours completely cleaning the interior. Mad as hell. Should I calm down?

See my other blog at http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...make-home.html

2015 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
2.4, 6 spd auto, high altitude package

Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71
2009 Impala
1986 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Not unheard of. My wife's Cherokee had a transmission update, they put over 100kms on it after doing the flash to make sure everything was alright, they did not leave a mess though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 9 Old 11-03-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Good to know.

Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA

2009 Impala
1986 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-04-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD KILS View Post
Has anybody ever heard of a dealer putting 249 miles on a car to test drive it to make sure its OK after it was in for warranty work? It was in to repair the same problem for the second time. Then they give it to me with an empty tank. Was nearly full when I brought it to them. I asked them to fill it and they did. But what pissed me off more was the mess they left inside. I admit I am "auto anal". I had just cleaned this Jeep inside and out the day before it went back to the dealer. When I received it there was food and wrappers everywhere. Crumbs all over the console and down under the seats. Just spent two hours completely cleaning the interior. Mad as hell. Should I calm down?

See my other blog at http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...make-home.html
Hey SPD KILS,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at your FCA certified dealership. If you private message me your VIN and contact information, I can make sure your complaint is filed through the proper channels. Thank you for reaching out in regards to this matter.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-06-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

I filed my story in detail with Jeep. They opened a case file with the dealer. I guess all it does is open communication with the dealer. I imagine if I fill out their survey that may open communication also. Not that I want to talk to them. I just want them to stop treating customers cars with disrespect. I was just bummed out because this dealership was my last resort and I really liked them, now I don't trust them. I am impressed with Jeep having a Jeep Cares forum member that keeps on top of things and helps with customer service!

Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA

2009 Impala
1986 Corvette
post #6 of 9 Old 11-09-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD KILS View Post
I filed my story in detail with Jeep. They opened a case file with the dealer. I guess all it does is open communication with the dealer. I imagine if I fill out their survey that may open communication also. Not that I want to talk to them. I just want them to stop treating customers cars with disrespect. I was just bummed out because this dealership was my last resort and I really liked them, now I don't trust them. I am impressed with Jeep having a Jeep Cares forum member that keeps on top of things and helps with customer service!
Hey SPD KILS,

I am happy to look into any questions forum members may have. Thank you for keeping the forum updated throughout the process with your vehicle. Please donít hesitate to reach out in the future.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

I received an email from Chrysler stating they contacted the service manager. The service manager said there is no record of my Jeep ever being there. Sounds like a convenient way to avoid an issue. Claim the vehicle was never there! I must of had it repaired in the twilight zone.

Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA

2009 Impala
1986 Corvette
post #8 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 05:08 PM

PM Jeep Cares your work order number of copy of it.

LOL

That will sort them out. Turkeys!!
SPD KILS likes this.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #9 of 9 Old 11-15-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

This has become comical... yet sad, so I have to share.

Round 1: Jeep customer assistance contacts the service manager and he denies I was ever there.

Round 2: Jeep customer assistance contacts my service consultant and denies I was ever there.

Here are the latest emails.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your file. We have
contacted the dealership Woodhouse Chrysler Dodge spoke to service
advisor XXXXX had attempted to pull up information by your Vin and
your name and by name that we have on file. XXXXX advised that do not
have any record of vehicle ever being there.

We do apologize in order for us to look into this further we would need
to confirm a diagnosis.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

Customer Service Representative
Jeep Customer Assistance Center

XXXXXXXX,

At this point I see a complete breakdown in accountability by Chrysler employees that abuse the system. Is it possible that any dealership that knows they did something wrong can deny the vehicle has ever been there? XXXXX knows me by name and my vehicle. We communicated by phone and email during the process. I also spent time talking to him in the service bay. I thought he was a great guy and I enjoyed dealing with him but now it looks like a service department wide cover up. At what point does this information go to the general manager of the dealership? Don't you think that person would like to know their service department is trying to hide their actions? My original email was basically a question. Now with all the cover up it makes me angry. There is a local news channel that loves to take on stories like this. I wonder if I should give them a call?

Thank you,
XXXXX

And it just started with a question. I probably wont pursue this anymore.

Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA

2009 Impala
1986 Corvette

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in