I'm so pi$............ - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Unhappy I'm so pi$$ed............

Rarely I go for servive at a dealer and again they showed me why..........

My 2009 is still under full waranty and a couple of minor issues that bugged me and I had to make an appointment with these bozos........and they prove me right again........

They had a spring special that included oil changes and some normal inspections, brakes, lights....etc.

As I leave the stealership I have an indication of a low tire pressure, so I say to myself I'll go home and check it out .......I discover a stupid screw in one tire.........would you believe that I had so much problem to remove that wheel 'cause the hight tech mechanic actually stripped one of my bolts.......It was the first time these tires were handle with an air gun.........I always do my wheel change myself........So I'll see next tuesday what other damge these idiots will do .....

Man I hate these guys..............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-28-2011, 04:16 PM

I would take it back and take it up with the service manager to replace the studs etc and retorque the nuts checking all the lugs. Warped rotors are often common after over tightening in a few hundred km. If you're not successful go to show room and ask for the owner.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Garage
Ugh that sucks. Do you only have one Jeep dealership there to go to? Are they all bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Administrator

That does suck for sure and like tripplec said, I would definitely be taking that up with the service advisor!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 14 Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Follow up and closure on this................

Well I had an appointment with them (bozo's) this morning and what had to happen did happen...............they change the strip bolt from the unit and wanted to charge me $65for it...........Needless to say I went to the service manager (not too bright himself) and finally got out of there without having to pay nothing after a little argument ......and never admitted that they did strip the bolt........so I told him whatever business I had with them.........will be elsewhere from now on !!!!!!!

Until next time...............and pretty sure there will be one too !!!!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #6 of 14 Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Very good, I hope all the others are fine as well now. Dealers rarely admit to doing wrong. Just quietly correct/fix the issue to dispense with the complaint and send you on your way.

By the way, I call them TURKEYS here and when I am really worked up a variation on ..holes.

At least all the bolts are secure now. You don't want the wheels falling of on the hwy.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 14 Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear you got it taken care of and they worked with you after some "persuasion" lol. Hopefully you have another dealership not too far away where you can take it.

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #8 of 14 Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
DMZ

wait till you start having tire pressure monitoring problemsss.. are you in for treat!!!
post #9 of 14 Old 11-11-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

You'll love this one......especially my buddy Trip.......

As you know I had a few issues with my stealership where I bought my Jeep from......so I decide to go to another one actually closer to me.......and guess what ??????

After a few explanations and $1,500 later that was picked up by Chrysler Canada ALL my issues are fix and this baby is running like a new one.......they changed the entire front end.........the front brakes that were badly installed to begin with........plus some parts of the rear suspension that was already broken (blades and some bushings......)..........and their explanation was that they were badly conceive to begin with and we are glad to change it to new and better parts........ and well adjusted......I only had to pay for .................................NOTHING !!!!!!!!

I understand that we don't have good experience with some dealers......but this new one will probably see some business from me in the future..........i asked them about why did my old dealer would do that ????? the man was speechless.................so there is good folks outhere.........

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #10 of 14 Old 11-11-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post

As you know I had a few issues with my stealership where I bought my Jeep from......so I decide to go to another one actually closer to me.......and guess what ??????

After a few explanations and $1,500 later that was picked up by Chrysler Canada ALL my issues are fix and this baby is running like a new one.......they changed the entire front end.........the front brakes that were badly installed to begin with........plus some parts of the rear suspension that was already broken (blades and some bushings......)..........and their explanation was that they were badly conceive to begin with and we are glad to change it to new and better parts........ and well adjusted......I only had to pay for .................................NOTHING !!!!!!!!

I understand that we don't have good experience with some dealers......but this new one will probably see some business from me in the future..........i asked them about why did my old dealer would do that ????? the man was speechless.................so there is good folks outhere.........
Very good that you got satisfaction and results from another dealer.

Out of curiousity what was badly conceived? I have a 2009 and this is 3rd generation. I have had my front and rear end checked a number of times and some stuff replaced already just before the warranty expired.

Enjoy your ride. Winter is coming and I am mulching leaves a few wet flakes hit me already.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #11 of 14 Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post

easy with the namecalling. we're not all bad.
post #12 of 14 Old 11-11-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Trip,

Apparently they has been some recall on certain generation up to the 2009 year to correct some inconsistency in the production line, keep in mind that Chrysler was going bankrupt and was beeing saved by Fiat........and like IRS said............they are not all bad.........you gotta find the right one..........

She is all ready for winter that can be rough out here.............skiing coming soon too !!!!!

I'll back up just a bit on the name calling for now..........

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #13 of 14 Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 PM

Well nothing that I was aware of on the 2009. Certainly none on my build, so far anyway. But nothing like getting her done before winter sets in. Good luck there. I'll be done that way soon. Long drive..

Cheers

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #14 of 14 Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Well finally some good news, glad to hear you found a good dealership to take it to! I have to agree, they're not all bad and if you find a good one, they like doughnuts once in a while lol!

- Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in