CNA Extended Warranty - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 10-29-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

CNA Extended Warranty

Hi! I just purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass and let the finance guy talk me into a CNA extended warranty. I walked in the room planning to say no, left feeling like a patsy, and have been doubting the decision ever since. Anyone here gone thru the same? Ultimately worth it or a waste of money? Any and all experiences please! And thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-23-2018, 05:37 PM
Subscribing Member

Garage
After getting my Compass, I received offers from FCS for the lifetime Warranty. I have no qualms about getting it since I will own this one for a while and I put a lot of miles (18000 in 8 months) on it.

Ronald Wenger
post #3 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 01:11 AM

Garage
I did the exact same thing. Walked in thinking, no add-ons, walked out with the 100k warranty, paint and interior protection, and a tire care service. I don't regret it one bit, because I plan to drive this vehicle into the ground.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Jeep Compass Lattitude - Billet Silver, 4x4
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel - GONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 03:06 PM

Is this what you guys bought?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1224181104b~2_1545667562501.jpg (58.1 KB, 9 views)

Currently in garage/driveway

2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
2014 Ford Flex Limited
2006 Ford E350 XLT V10
1991 Nissan D21
1984 Chevy Monte Carlo
1981 Chevy El Camino
1974 Pontiac Catalina
post #5 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 03:08 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

When I bought my 2008 Patriot they offered the factory warranty at no charge. I wouldn't have paid for it, but it turns out they replaced my transmission twice and also fixed a leak once. I also spent $1200 of my own money to fix a wiring problem that was not covered by the warranty.

Typically I do not get the lifetime warranties, for several reasons:
1) I figure the money I save will cover the first major repair and I usually keep a vehicle through only one major repair.
2) Usually if a vehicle survives the first 30,000 miles without trouble, it will go the distance.
3) If you want to do any mods, they may invalidate your warranty. (I know a situation where someone had an aftermarket sunroof installed in a Volvo. When he had a wiring problem he was OOL.)
4) Read the small print; it may not cover as much as you think, or there may be expensive conditions. Extended warranties are usually not as thorough as the original factory warranty and you may not have the same legal protections as with the original warranty.

I only ever bought one extended warranty. It was an aftermarket warranty and when I needed it the company that sold it was gone. I was out the money for the warranty AND the money for the repair. Just because a dealer sells it doesn't mean its a factory warranty. I don't know about your case, but be aware.

In my case, considering these warranties are a bet against the vehicle, I've bet for it not against it, and I've won every time. Since I really milked the free warranty on my Patriot, odds are I'll never have another vehicle that needs that much expensive work. Never did before, doubt I will again.

Last edited by Jasmine; 12-24-2018 at 03:10 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-24-2018, 03:17 PM

I purchased the plan for my ford flex. It just saved me $2900 at the dealer so I'm pretty happy. It expires in 1500 miles so hopefully nothing happens after or at least hapoens before!

Currently in garage/driveway

2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
2014 Ford Flex Limited
2006 Ford E350 XLT V10
1991 Nissan D21
1984 Chevy Monte Carlo
1981 Chevy El Camino
1974 Pontiac Catalina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in