Dealer issue - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Dealer issue

Since one year I have my Compass.. I went to 3 different dealer because I had major issue to the first 2 one, issue with the lak of service at the service dept. and really bad competence by the mecanics guys. Last week I had a R-V for a front axel that had the boot burned by a torch used to change a part from another Dealer.. The axel is dead because of all the dust that came from the boot. At the first R-V, they only did a inspection, they did't order any parts !! Another day-off not paid for nothing.. then on the second R-V, they only changed the boot... + they changed the seal from the other side axel because it was leaking, it's the second time they change that seal.. how many miles I did with a low oil level tranny ?... The main issue is when I left that dealer, my sterring was like 25degree to the left, the car torquing to the right and the tires making noise like if I was drifting and I only run at 60km/h. They are supposed to do a test drive before giving the car back !! and my carpet has 2 big oil spot, he didnt put the paper on it.. tss

They said it was probably like that before and that I have a ball joint that I have to change.. I went to another garage to do a allignement, my 2 ball joints are dead and it's dangerous !!! WTF! I'm lucky that I changed both of them like 6 monts ago.. so they still under waranty.. but I feel like I pass my life at dealers... I went about 25 times in one year and did like 4 alligment.. I have only 88000km and I already changed my 4 chocks and all suspention and direction parts, all my mod have been installed after that and I hope they will help a bit

I will post soon all the detail of all the parts I had to change since one year, it's crazy...I tried to called the Dodge customer service and the guy acidently hang up on me... lol really bad service

Belive it or not, i lost my last job because I was too often at the garage !! it's crazy.

Never go to Exelence Dodge in Saint-Eustache, Boulevard Dodge and Champlain Dodge in Montreal

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
16x8 Unique Series 42, +12 offset with Goodyear UltraGrip Ice 235/60/16
DynoMAX custom dual-exit catback
Mopar spoiler and tail light guard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The guy at the service was sure that the front axel was under waranty till 60 000km LOL how they can be sooo wrong ??

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
post #3 of 6 Old 07-17-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Another issue I had is that I did a inspection at a dealer before the 60 000km, and one week after, at like 59 900km, I went to another Dealer because I still had noise in the wheels, and he found parts at all 4 wheels to change !! wow
And after that, at like 60 100km, I still had noise and had to call the Dodge client service to approuve the reparation under the 60 000km waranty. crazy

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-17-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Do I have to pay the allignment when they change a part under waranty ? They always charged it to me and I eard I didnt had to pay.. they even charged me the tranny oil needed when they changed the axel seal lol I really think I will go in court against them if they dont do something, i'm tired to pass my life at garage because they broke my car

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
post #5 of 6 Old 07-19-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
lol I just changed my 2 front table at another dealer that I changed them 6 monts ago. He just called me and say I have to change my front left hub and a 'boomerang' at the back and it's dangerous WTF

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
post #6 of 6 Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Do I have to pay the allignment when they change a part under waranty ? They always charged it to me and I eard I didnt had to pay.. they even charged me the tranny oil needed when they changed the axel seal lol I really think I will go in court against them if they dont do something, i'm tired to pass my life at garage because they broke my car
That doesn't sound right. Don't quote me on it but when a dealer fixes a car under warranty they should have to restore it to factory specs under their bill. So if it means having to replace all the tranny oil to get it back to spec, then they have to pay for it....not you. Sounds strange.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in