Ignition coil wiring kit replacement 2007 compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Ignition coil wiring kit replacement 2007 compass

Sorry if I missed it in forums but I'm looking for some help on the in-laws 2007 compass. Not sure at the moment if it's 2.4L or 2.0L but I do know its 2WD (maybe all are?).
Having misfiring issues. Popped off ignition coil cover and a mouse made a nest at some point. Many wires chewed bare coming from coil plugs to wherever they get their power from.
Having a hard time finding a replacement wire kit for all 4 coils. Can somebody direct me to a store/website and have part name/number possibly?
Also, would you recommend replacing the coils as well as plugs all at the same time? Could the coils be getting damaged by the bare wires and misfiring due to an inconsistent short in electrical wiring?

Thanks in advance for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

edit:

It is the 2.4L
post #3 of 6 Old 02-25-2014, 07:25 AM

Garage
I believe the cables are part of the entire Engine harness, heres one I found for you ENGINE HARNESS for 2007 Jeep Compass|4795312AH

Cheapest fix would be to cut the damaged wires and solder in new ones, and if the coils are damaged those can be replaced, RockAuto has great prices.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-25-2014, 01:55 PM

That compass must have been sitting for a long time unused. A hot engine would have sent them mice scrambling. If you're rural or farm or grassy lot they're about looking for a home for the winter. I am constantly checking to see if them "Squatters" are holed up in any of my motor toys. Keeping them out of critical areas like harness assemblies or wire cluster is key. Dryer sheets in those location will keep them away.

I had them reek havoc in a handle bar wire cluster on my snowmobile years ago. They do like chewing wires for certain.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. Really not wanting to rewire the entire harness...I will have to see how badly they are destroyed and hopefully be able to patch them up for now. Going there this weekend to see what we can do.
Checked out rockauto but didn't see the harness there.
Thanks again

Last edited by rickyrayjay; 02-26-2014 at 03:20 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-27-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Just letting anyone interested that might be in a similar situation know that the sister-inlaw apparently found individual wire setups from a dealer for around $20 each. Not sure which dealer tho and I haven't seen them yet to verify compatibility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in