Location of UConnect HFM in 2014 Compass Latitude - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 03-05-2016, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Location of UConnect HFM in 2014 Compass Latitude

After upgrading my radio from a 130S to a 730N, I find my Uconnect no longer responds. After doing some research I found that the 730N has a built in Uconnect Hands Free Module (HFM), and that the Vehicles external HFM must be bypassed with a jumper kit to restore the vehicles microphone functionality.

Unfortunately I cannot find information on where the external HFM is located. I found only one source that stated the module is located directly below the radio behind the HVAC controls. But this is where my 110VAC power inverter is located.

Can anyone provide information on where the HFM is located??

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-06-2016, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Never mind. I found it when I removed the glove box.

FYI in my car it was against the passenger side, below the A-pillar.

No thanks to the dealer, but they did let me cancel the microphone I ordered and was going to use in lieu of tearing apart the dash to find it...
post #3 of 7 Old 03-24-2017, 11:07 PM

Garage
for those of you who would like to see how it is done. thank to youtube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-26-2017, 04:02 PM

Good info, thanks. I think you would want to also look at aftermarket options though. My wife has a 2016 Grand Caravan with the nav stereo and the hard drive, which works quite well with one exception -- it still has the annoying voice message "phone call completed" after every call. Worse, it interprets text messages as phone calls, and if you try to type a text message it says "phone call completed" after EVERY CHARACTER. Ridiculous. She actually turns off her bluetooth so she can use her phone in the car. We've never really used the HD either, it might have been useful a decade ago.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-26-2017, 11:12 PM

Garage
I am currently using my phones gps and bluetooth to the 130 radio, but I only get half the turn instructions, but it will certainly tell me my phone call is completed. how annoying
so I have to shut the bluetooth off to use the gps, but then I loose my hand free phone.
I was going to upgrade to the 430n but no voice command navigation which means you have to pull over to input address. ok then how about the 730n? maybe? but it has to be compatible with the vehicle year, and buy a $80 patch cord for uconnect, and a unlock code to put in the vin #
What an expensive pain in the butt just to have hands free GPS, phone and a backup camera.
I am thinking of a dedicated GPS unit that will take a wireless camera , and voice command if there is such a thing.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-08-2017, 12:23 PM

My Compass has the very basic radio with no bluetooth so I'm planning to upgrade it. Very doubtful I would use a stock unit. I did a radio upgrade in my previous vehicle, a Tucson, installing a Kenwood unit with motorized touchscreen, back up camera, and a ton of features. Similar to this, but mine was an older model : DDX774BH | Navigation and Multimedia | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD Electronics Canada Also put in a module that made it work with the steering wheel controls, in fact it added more features to them. I bought all this through Crutchfield, including the wiring harnesses so there was no need to cut into the factory wiring. Crutchfield support is great, you can call or email them with any questions and they walk you through it.
I also drive leased work trucks so I like to have a portable GPS / bluetooth solution of some kind. I have a Garmin : https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-nuviCam.../dp/B00WAP8PI2 which does live traffic and receives and places phone calls with voice command (gets the contacts from your phone). I didn't pay that much for it though! I bought it at Costco. It's also a dash cam plus has features like lane departure warning. A wireless back up camera is also available for it, although I haven't done that. So far I have been using it in the Compass also and haven't gone ahead with the stereo upgrade.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-06-2017, 07:52 AM

I have a 2014 jeep compass and the u-connect started goofing up. I am fed up with this jeep as everything is going wrong with it! seems the dealership wwants nothing to do with you once your in possession of the car. I had it for 4 months...second owner and the dealership wants to put a new stereo in it which costs 400.00 Well that being said I purchased a second hand one and the u-connect still doesnt work. I asked dealership so what would you have charged me for the wrong diagnosis? No comment but well it is probably the telematics module which is 400.00. So I bought one online for 160 to only find that I can not find where it is! I have googled my brain out and came across this and in hopes to find it today after i take the glove box down

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in