fog light bezels - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 12-07-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

fog light bezels

How hard is it to remove the bezels around fog lights. Do they just pop out and snap back in. I want to upgrade to the chrome trimmed ones like the limited compass has.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 PM

What year?
post #3 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVIGOR View Post
What year?
Sorry 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano2016 View Post
How hard is it to remove the bezels around fog lights. Do they just pop out and snap back in. I want to upgrade to the chrome trimmed ones like the limited compass has.

Thanks
I just installed front and rear chrome bezels on my 2018 Trailhawk. Got them on Ebay and the installation took 10 minutes on all four corners.

I would add a link, but this forum doesn't allow new members that opportunity. I'll try and post a picture in the next day or so.

The only downsize is they come from China and it takes almost three weeks for them to arrive.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=N22Tango;108282]I just installed front and rear chrome bezels on my 2018 Trailhawk. Got them on Ebay and the installation took 10 minutes on all four corners.

I would add a link, but this forum doesn't allow new members that opportunity. I'll try and post a picture in the next day or so.

The only downsize is they come from China and it takes almost three weeks for them to arrive.[/QUOT

Thanks for the info. So I guess they just snap out and in correct?
post #6 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 01:25 PM

post #7 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Also @ nano2016

@ arudlang

I agree, but when I read and responded to the OP, it was pitch black outside... 26 degrees and I live on a ranch where the deer and the buffalo roam and we have an abundance of "organic matter" here aka "bovine scatology" as well as goat droppings galore and my burro "Pablo" likes to make his contributions too, which are usually not gift wrapped and left in my walking path to where I parked the Compass last night... And if you can "get my drift" the aroma this morning was a fragrance that festered and flourished out yonder by the 2018 Trailhawk.

Two pictures showing the front chrome treatment and the back chrome treatment. They simply attach over the factory bezels and adhere by 3M tape. I think since the tape is 3M they will stay on the original bezels for the duration... unless a goat thinks they are "tasty"...

Oh, and Pablo likes to sneak up on people and bite them, resulting in my desire not to attempt snapping photos of the bezels when Pablo is standing around the Compass guarding it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (78.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Back.jpg (143.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PABLO BITES.jpg (117.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by N22Tango; 12-08-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added a name
post #8 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N22Tango View Post
Also @ nano2016

@ arudlang

I agree, but when I read and responded to the OP, it was pitch black outside... 26 degrees and I live on a ranch where the deer and the buffalo roam and we have an abundance of "organic matter" here aka "bovine scatology" as well as goat droppings galore and my burro "Pablo" likes to make his contributions too, which are usually not gift wrapped and left in my walking path to where I parked the Compass last night... And if you can "get my drift" the aroma this morning was a fragrance that festered and flourished out yonder by the 2018 Trailhawk.

Two pictures showing the front chrome treatment and the back chrome treatment. They simply attach over the factory bezels and adhere by 3M tape. I think since the tape is 3M they will stay on the original bezels for the duration... unless a goat thinks they are "tasty"...

Oh, and Pablo likes to sneak up on people and bite them, resulting in my desire not to attempt snapping photos of the bezels when Pablo is standing around the Compass guarding it.
Thanks for the explanation, seems very simple now.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-08-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N22Tango View Post
Also @ nano2016

@ arudlang

Thanks for the info, very helpful

Lou

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in