Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belleville, ON, Canada
See if this helps.
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury, on vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the supplemental restraint system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, airbag, occupant classification system, seat belt tensioner, impact sensor, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the supplemental restraint system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Locate the brake lamp switch (4) on the brake pedal support bracket (2) on the dash panel.
3. Disengage the wire harness retainer (1) from the brake pedal support bracket.
4. Disconnect the unibody wire harness take out and connector (5) from the brake lamp switch.
5. Rotate the brake lamp switch housing (3) clockwise about 30 degrees to align the tabs on the switch locking collar with the keyed hole in the brake pedal support bracket (1).
6. Pull the switch straight back from the keyed hole to remove it from the bracket.
CAUTION: The brake lamp switch self-adjusting switch plunger is a one time only feature. If the switch is removed from the mounting bracket, it MUST be replaced with a new switch.
7. Discard the removed brake lamp switch .
Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by tripplec; 07-29-2013 at 10:06 PM.