Rear Suspension pivot arms & Components - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2014, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Rear Suspension pivot arms & Components

I get some weird creaking and odd knock from underneath when moving slow over irregular terrain. I check around the engine underneath yesterday prying up on the casings but it barely moves. I don't see that its the motor mounts.

the rear end has many arms and pivoting points which I cannot verify with it on a ramp. One short arm with pin bolt through about a 12" eye rod at right side seems like is slight out of position in the channel and rubber sticking out a bit.

I cannot find any parts sites so far with a blow up exploded view to identify what the parts are called or oem numbers for after market location. Anyone come across one somewhere?

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Rear toe link bushings could be causing the sound, they were on mine until I replaced them, sadly I don't have any pictures that I've been able to find for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Old 11-06-2014, 05:55 AM

Garage
I just had the dealership replace both of my rear lateral lower controll arms. I had a squeek and creaking from my rear passanger side. It eneded up being the bushing that attached to the spindle from the lower lateral control arm. So under warranty i had both sides replaced.and now no squeek. Why these points dont have grease fittings is beyond me. Summer mod!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Its hard to pin point which ones are doing it. Finding a parts break out source so I can order a part or whatever would be helpful. All the steel is covered in rust so the rubber or pivot points must be dry in there.

Ok I did some more hunting and came up with this. Its poor especially for Chrysler parts LOL. But I can see some parts but not necessarily where they connect. I am thinking the one I saw not looking right was #22. Anyway here it is.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...category=20317

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Last edited by tripplec; 11-06-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added link for hte suspension
Old 11-06-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I took it for a drive and at slow speeds. Holes and deep dips generate solid clunks, more on the passenger side front. Also further back at times.
Seems like this is constantly falling apart. It never gets all fixed up with new issues showing up. I am going to have someone look at it I think.

I jacked the front wheel and it feels all tight.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Rear suspension

I created this Word Doc. Picture and parts listing based on Jeeps data with all details that were in it.

I might help at the parts counter trying to locate the correct part.

Sorry this is a bit absurd. This site will not accept .DOCX Word format. So I converted to DOC. Now the file size exceeds the <200kb limit.

Hence the attachment is not available as intended.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Old 11-29-2014, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Note if you're getting knocking from the front after installing new sway bar links. I put on AC delco this time rather than Memotech. I am not certain if the post diameter are the same however. The hole in the strut is larger than the post and if you don't tighten it well it will move up and down in that hole and know worst than you had. I couldn't figure out what was going on since most of the front end is new. Well using an allen key in the post to hold it from turning is BS. Can't be done. I tighten the nuts on the post well without using the allen and the front knocking is now gone.

For the rear I have whats called a tie rod (about 7" long) which a bolt on each end goes through. The bussing is wore on one side and its moved over rubbing on the channel its bolted to. I am replacing that tomorrow expect pretty much everything would be ok. After the above tightening etc it was phenomenally quieter driving to town for the tie arm.

Oh yes, check that you jack in the tire compartment is well tighten down if loose even a bit it will knock also against the rim.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in