rear camber left hand side - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 12-30-2015, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

rear camber left hand side

hi,would like to know what could cause my lh rear wheel to lean inwards at the top,have replaced upper control arm,can the lower control arm get enough play to cause the wheel to go outwards at the bottom?no broken springs or leaking shocks,and the wheel does not come vertical even when on the hoist??anyone have similar symtoms?bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-31-2015, 12:40 AM

There is an adjustment cam at the bolt of the inner side of the lower short rod that has two eye type ends with bushings. I had mine replaced. If you jack up the arm holding it in place it doesn't move but if you let the wheel hang it will when the rod is removed replacing it. An alignment is necessary.

Yours may have moved, rusted and changed or got hit hard etc. I am referring to item #22 in the pic as per mine which should be the same or close enough.

Not sure but #17 or 23 may be the cam washer on that main arm under the bolt head.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Rear suspension.gif (46.5 KB, 10 views)

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-03-2016, 04:48 PM

Gonna hijack this thread

I'm having camber issues on both sides. I was originally told that my upper control arms needed to be replaced. I replaced them but that did not fix the negative camber issue I am having. Jacked the car up again and the toe links have some play. One thing I did notice is that I have no sway bar or linkage attached to my lower control arms on either side. I'm not sure if they are necessary or are contributing to the problem of my negative camber. I have had the lower arms replaced years ago and cant remember if the sway bar was there or not.

I'm also have some play in my front trailing arm bushing which seems like an all day ordeal to replace.

The struts and springs are fine and the back end doesn't sag. Any suggestions would be great. Below is a diagram. The toe link is #8 and need to be replaced. #2 and #3 are not even present on my vehicle.

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-03-2016, 06:13 PM

The only adjustment at the rear that I know is at the inner eye rod #22 in the above diagram which I have replaced due to failed bushings. There is a cam washer on the bolt than when loosened allows it to be moved in/out.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in