Toyo Celsius CUV All-Weather Tire Review - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 11-18-2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Toyo Celsius CUV All-Weather Tire Review

Hello,

Van Zeeland's in Menasha gave me a great deal. $609 OTD for 4 of the 225/60/R17 Celsius CUV tires, mount, balance, nitrogen fill and free lifetime rotations. Here is a bonus...MADE IN USA!! The snow we were supposed to get today never came, so I could not test that aspect. Having driven exactly 5,000 miles on the factory Destination LE2 tires, including over 40 miles there, gave me a good baseline. The Toyo tires are quieter than the Firestones. They ride nice, though I can tell the sidewalls are a tad stiffer. They do not follow road contours as others said about Toyo (this is my first time buying Toyo). And in Wisconsin, we have crappy roads to test such things on. The roads were wet, and I had zero issues. When I got home,
I spun around in my yard. I stopped on a hill with wet grass and started out like I had a purpose. No slippage. So far with 90 miles on the tires,
I'm satisfied. Comparing the OEM and new tires in 35 F temps, I can tell the Toyo tires are softer as they were much more flexible. So, for anyone considering these, that is my account thus far.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Hard to find them on any of the major tire outlet's websites around here, but looked them up on toyo's site and they looked pretty decent. For those of us with 18 inch rims, they don't offer it in a 225/55R18 but they do have it in 235/55R18 which would fit fine I'm sure would just create some gap between the spare tire and the rest of them if we ever had to use it.
Mudman1 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Hard to find them on any of the major tire outlet's websites around here, but looked them up on toyo's site and they looked pretty decent. For those of us with 18 inch rims, they don't offer it in a 225/55R18 but they do have it in 235/55R18 which would fit fine I'm sure would just create some gap between the spare tire and the rest of them if we ever had to use it.
I'd love to offer some help on finding a set of 17" rims for you, but I still cannot find out a for sure answer on if the KL rims will it an MP. This weekend I have off, and might just yank a wheel off the girlfriend's new 2018 KL Latitude and try it. They are 17" rims.

No snow here yet, but on dry roads they are nice. I like them better than the OEM Destination LE2s.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2017, 02:15 PM

I would be willing to bet they will fit from the KL to the MP. For sure the bolt pattern and hub bore is the same, backspacing is the only part I don't know for sure but eyeballing pictures they are probably the same that way too. Yeah I'd say 99% sure they will fit but sometimes trying one on is the only way to know for sure

Her tire is probably a 225/65R17? That will be about 3/4 of an inch more diameter than stock Compass but should still fit.

Thanks for thinking of me with the rims I really appreciate that but I don't know if I am up for the riggamaroll of having two sets of tires and rims to store and change out twice a year. I mean, I would do it in a heatbeat EXCEPT for the stinking TPMS sensors. I forgot to post my findings on that other thread where we were talking about the TPMS Deactivation feature, over at http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...ter-tires.html

But basically I had an email exchange of something like 9 emails with customerassist, plus a chat and they straight up refused to confirm whether or not ANY of the new Jeep Compass sold in the USA would come with the TPMS Deactivation feature but they told me that my particular model is does not appear to be equipped with TPMS Deactivation.

For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, on page 169 of the manual it describes a magical TPMS Deactivation feature (if equipped) which basically is just that if you have that feature, it will only beep and blink warning lights at you the first time you drive on your other set of rims that don't have TPMS. Then on any drives after that it won't give you any warning lights or beeps or messages, and whenever you put your stock rims back on within one drive TPMS system will go back to normal.

That sounds pretty flippin awesome eh? Except... from what I can tell so far its not "equipped" on any of our US-spec models. Canadians probably get it... heck probably everyone except the US gets it, but FCA would not confirm this to me

Without this feature, here is what we are looking at (according to the manual) if we swap on some other rims without TPMS sensors:
EVERY TIME you start the vehicle, it will beep and flash the TPMS dash light for 75 seconds.
After 75 seconds, the light will stay on solid.

Too obnoxious for me. I wish I could have gotten confirmation on that from FCA though.

Mudman, you have access to another entire set of rims and tires (from her KL). You could do some pioneer testing... would be a lot of dinking around but if you swapped ALL the wheels between your two Jeeps, you could do some test drives and confirm whether your TPMS light always flashes on each startup. You'd have to do a series of drives away from the KL in case it picks up the sensors. Sounds like a lot of work

Just as easy would be if anyone with the new compass who has gone ahead and bought winter rims without sensors could chime in somewhere and let us know what their dash does every time they start it up. I'm super curious to know.

I even went as far as to go to a canadian jeep dealership website and punch a bunch of their VIN numbers into the equipment listing generator on Jeep's website but they don't talk about TPMS at all in those spec sheets, not for my VIN and so far not on any of them I have tried. Do you guys know about that page?

You put this URL in your browser and add your VIN# at the very end, no spaces:
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...RVINNUMBERHERE

And it will pop out a detailed sheet with pages of info, what tire size and brand and so on is in there but never anything about TPMS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in