Tire Rods - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 09-17-2011, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Tire Rods

Several people I know own the Compass, all of which have replaced tire rods. I would like to know why this has not been a recalled. This appears to be a problem for a lot of Compass owners including me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Garage
recalls are for things that can jeopardize your safety or the safety of others. just because a part is a common fault on a car doesn't mean it's eligable for a recall.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 AM

Just because some parts have to be replaced 3 times or more often then other vehicles does not qualify for a recall. They're looked at as a wear item. When they wear enough you replace them whether thats 20k or 100k. That how chrysler looks at it.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM

We have a 2007 Compass North Edition 4x4 with 27,000km. First set of tie rods and bushings replaced at 19,000km. They now need to be replaced again. I'm wondering if there is the same problem with the Dodge Caliber, and Jeep Patriot?
post #5 of 7 Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by billkar View Post
We have a 2007 Compass North Edition 4x4 with 27,000km. First set of tie rods and bushings replaced at 19,000km. They now need to be replaced again. I'm wondering if there is the same problem with the Dodge Caliber, and Jeep Patriot?
I own a Jeep Compass 2008 and no need to replace tire rods. 69,000km. What i replace is tires, i bought a new set of falken 912, so far are good. Mi main travel is always highway (87mph, 320 miles) twice every other week.

What i have now is a rear noise (right after a hit a huge hole in the pavement). I think every thing is ok, i need to check a the top of the rear shocks, im figuring out how to remove rear plastic covers to see if everything ok.

Billy (wojeda)

Jeep Compass 2008, 2.4L VVT, 4x4, CVT II

Door Sill Guards Stainless Steel
Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
post #6 of 7 Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 AM

I have an 07 Compass 75,000 just replaced the inner tie rod on driver's side. That is the only one so far. However, I have replaced the wheel bearings on each TWICE, also ball joints, lower control arms, you name it! I have replaced it. I think Jeep stands for Just empty each pocket. Lol

Next to replace is the power steering pulley/pump and just did the 02 sensor
post #7 of 7 Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie1979 View Post
I have an 07 Compass 75,000 just replaced the inner tie rod on driver's side. That is the only one so far. However, I have replaced the wheel bearings on each TWICE, also ball joints, lower control arms, you name it! I have replaced it. I think Jeep stands for Just empty each pocket. Lol

Next to replace is the power steering pulley/pump and just did the 02 sensor
Where are you getting the front end parts from or what brand if branded parts. We know the original front end parts are junk. They're extremely poor quality used in 2007 and seem to be much better in later years. If you use Mevotech or Moog I am sure you'd not replace them a second time.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in