Compass North addition versus the Sport - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Compass North addition versus the Sport

We bought a Compass sport with the "Customer Perferred Package 26E" The package cost $2,260.00 CND and added the $295.00 butt warmers. When we compair our package to a Compass North it seems the are equiped the same and work out to the same price. So the question, do we have a Compass Sport or a wanna be North. Either way I wouldn't give it up for anything. It exceeds our expectations every time we drive it.

BTW we lucked out. While shopping one day we decided to stop in at Carter Chysler in Burnaby to see if they had one in "Just to look at"...3 hours later we had exactly the unit we wanted, with one exception, it was black like our Liberty and we wanted something else. Now that we have it we think the Black looks sexy on the Compass. So in a nutshell...it's perfect!

Mike Donaldson was are rep...I use to be in car sales so I know the tricks and he didn't even go close to one just a straight up guy and Rose in the business office arranged financing that we couldn't get anywhere else.

One more thing, with the dump of snow we had here in Vancouver, the stock tire (Firestone) were incredable. We get a fairly wet snow here so it clogs the treads really quick. I hated driving in the snow but not anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 02:48 AM

Re: Compass North addition versus the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by onairbear
We bought a Compass sport with the "Customer Perferred Package 26E" The package cost $2,260.00 CND and added the $295.00 butt warmers. When we compair our package to a Compass North it seems the are equiped the same and work out to the same price. So the question, do we have a Compass Sport or a wanna be North.
Hey onairbear -

The 26E package IS the North edition. It just seems to be a fancy way they're branding that particular trim package here in Canada. Of course, given the fact that "North" appears nowhere on the dealers' computer systems or on jeep.ca, and the fact that a "North" placard isn't on the car itself, it just seems to be confusing.

When I ordered my Compass back in September, I (unfortunately) was the one who had to educate a couple of dealers on the North. Obviously, those weren't the ones I bought from!

My Compass (ordered Sept. 7) should be shipping from Belvedere early next week. I can't wait!

Mel
post #3 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 02:55 AM

I'm confused too. Because the salesman said my Compass was a Sport, but I looked at the 1-page brochure that day and it had all the options of the North.

Yes, I have the 26E package and that means I have all the stuff in the North plus the $295 heated seats. The only options on my Compass are:
- Package 26E $2,260
- Heated seats $295
- CVT $1,200
- Speed Control $250

That's it. For a total of $25,200 on the invoice or $25,150 on the sticker.

So.... technically I have a Sport but it looks like it's actually a North.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 03:15 AM
kwc

so ... compared to what's available in the States ...

what's included in the 26E package in Canada?

I have that package on my Sport 4x4 (no such thing as a North model down this way) ... and the option price is 2600$. The pkg includes
Air Conditioning
Deep-Tint Sunscreen Glass
Power Mirrors, Fold-Away
Power Windows with Driver's One-Touch-Down Feature
Power Locks, Speed Sensitive
Keyless Entry
Illuminated Entry
Rear 60/40 Reclining and Folding Seat Backs
Height-Adjustable Driver's Seat
Front-Passenger Fold-Flat Seat Back
Auxiliary 115-Volt Power Outlet
Interior Removable/Rechargeable Lamp
Map/Dome Reading Lamps
Passenger Assist Handles

I also have the CVT transmission ... price 1000$

Sirius radio 195$
YES fabric seats 150$
Full sized spare 120$
215/65R17 All Terrain White Letter Tires 140$
Speed Control 250$
Front/Rear floor mats 30$

Jeep Green clearcoat paint 150$

total sticker was 22300$ or so.

and then we have the California Emission Controls too but they don't charge for that anymore (all states in the northeast use this standard for emission control).

just wondering how my Compass compares!
post #5 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 06:39 PM

Sport vs North

Have a look at http://www.jeep.ca/en/ and use a conversion rate of
abt .8, just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc
so ... compared to what's available in the States ...

what's included in the 26E package in Canada?

I have that package on my Sport 4x4 (no such thing as a North model down this way) ... and the option price is 2600$. The pkg includes
Air Conditioning
Deep-Tint Sunscreen Glass
Power Mirrors, Fold-Away
Power Windows with Driver's One-Touch-Down Feature
Power Locks, Speed Sensitive
Keyless Entry
Illuminated Entry
Rear 60/40 Reclining and Folding Seat Backs
Height-Adjustable Driver's Seat
Front-Passenger Fold-Flat Seat Back
Auxiliary 115-Volt Power Outlet
Interior Removable/Rechargeable Lamp
Map/Dome Reading Lamps
Passenger Assist Handles

I also have the CVT transmission ... price 1000$

Sirius radio 195$
YES fabric seats 150$
Full sized spare 120$
215/65R17 All Terrain White Letter Tires 140$
Speed Control 250$
Front/Rear floor mats 30$

Jeep Green clearcoat paint 150$

total sticker was 22300$ or so.

and then we have the California Emission Controls too but they don't charge for that anymore (all states in the northeast use this standard for emission control).

just wondering how my Compass compares!
post #6 of 9 Old 12-10-2006, 12:12 AM

The 26E package is the same in Canada and in the States, but you just pay more for it in Canada!

The North edition (aka trim package 26E) is basically just a Sport model with a power package and a couple of added features, like the folding front seat. So Jeep is offering two versions of the Compass worldwide - the Sport and the Limited - but is marketing the Sport with the 26E trim package as the Compass North in Canada only. In the States (and worldwide, I would assume), it's still just a Sport with the 26E package.

Mel
post #7 of 9 Old 12-10-2006, 01:03 AM
kwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepChick
The 26E package is the same in Canada and in the States, but you just pay more for it in Canada!

The North edition (aka trim package 26E) is basically just a Sport model with a power package and a couple of added features, like the folding front seat. So Jeep is offering two versions of the Compass worldwide - the Sport and the Limited - but is marketing the Sport with the 26E trim package as the Compass North in Canada only. In the States (and worldwide, I would assume), it's still just a Sport with the 26E package.

Mel
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... okay!!
post #8 of 9 Old 12-10-2006, 01:08 AM

The 26E package in Canada is $2260 Cdn, abt $1967US
Paint is no extra charge.
CVT is $1200 Cdn, abt $1045US
"Yes" fabric is $115 Cdn, abt $100 US
The base 4x4 is $19995 Cdn, abt $17404 US
(Exch rate used .8704)
We're not doing too badly, price wise.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-10-2006, 03:00 AM

I believe the mats are no charge in Canada.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in