Child seat install? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Child seat install?

i have trouble putting in my car seat my boy 15 month old and i cant seem to get the seat tight in there i can pull it from the botttom and it will come right up any tips would be a help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Garage
fybynd420-for something that is not about the orignal post start a new thread, so other people will read it, most people wont look at certain threads if they already did and may not see ur question. I will answer cuz its important.
When I install my daughters seat I clip in the bottom strap to the latch anchors on both sides then (in the manual I hav) kneel in the seat with one knee to put ur weight in the seat & tighten the strap however urs tightens. When u get off is should not move sideways anymore than 1/2". For the topatch, there is an anchoron the back of my seat. Put the strap over the seat, attached and tighten so the seat doesnt pull forward at all.

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited (black)
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS (blue)
post #3 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Good point and good help ronjr8102 and I agree, it is an important question so I moved these posts and started a new thread in case anyone else is having the same problem.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ok ill have to try the knee thing cause i tried setting it up couple times and it didnt feel safe so i put him in the lil car which i hate with a passion 04 aveo... never buy one , and thanks for the help
post #5 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 PM

Garage
Talking

Same happen to me. The problem is the car seats are too soft so the baby car sit never gets tight. what i did is try to adjust maximum (knee over car sit to adjust tight), and the anchor at the back also was tigthen pretty well to the rear point (access from the back of the truck). After doing that you will have a good install, to get better, move the rest back little back, what happen is the car sit will be tight to the back rest and not to soft seats.
i think this is the solution.

Willy

p.d: I installed the same car sit in a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado with hard seats, that problem never shows up.

Billy (wojeda)

Jeep Compass 2008, 2.4L VVT, 4x4, CVT II

Door Sill Guards Stainless Steel
Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in