Compass Enthusiasts? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 07-12-2009, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Compass Enthusiasts?

So what, are there like four or five of us that like these things enough to find a place to post their thoughts on these vehicles? I know that there is much spammer interest here, but that's not what this forum is about. We can discuss other Jeeps too if that helps, just no Spam/Scam links please!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by Jeepster2; 07-12-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Spelling correction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-13-2009, 12:23 AM

I am a Compass Enthusiast!!

This is my first Jeep, I have always owned smaller cars and a couple of mini-vans over the years.
This vehicle has all the practicality of a small car with decent mileage nice ride, but it also has the advantages of a larger sport utility.
I just bought a trailer and installed the trailer tow package myself along with a class 3 hitch so I'm good for 2000 lbs. The trailer I bought is 1500 pounds so with the added things you take camping with you I will be at the 2000lb mark. Interested to see how it handles with the added weight and how the mileage will change.
There are one or two other forums I am part of that are pretty good as well but they are offshoots of the main forums for the "real" jeeps.
I to wish this forum was more active there are enough Compass' out there now since they have been around for about four years now.
Looking forward to reading more posts soon.

Wes
post #3 of 18 Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM

Garage
We used to have a more lively group, and lots of interest, BEFORE all the creepy scammers began invading the sight.
With a little luck we may get it back on the Rubicon Trail.
BTW . . . I did not get my Compass with the intention of "off roading" but last weekend I did get off the beaten path visiting one of Quebec's natural reserves, the park dirt road I was following was not very often travelled and very poorly maintained. Barely kept open, dangerous spots marked with ribbons hanging from branches. Anyway with no way to turn arround I pushed onward, up and down and around, nearly two hours in second gear, sometimes first. The only others I saw were two 4x4 ATV's bombing through the woods. The Compass was great never needed to go to 4WD full time.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 12:53 AM

What draws people to the jeep compass?
post #5 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1compass View Post
What draws people to the jeep compass?
For me, I have always liked Jeeps! I have owned a few over the years, and the Compass works well for me as a Rural/Urban commuter. I will add that I like the look of the Compass too.

|
|
post #6 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Garage
Styling and functionality,,,,, and great value.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM

The more I look at the compass I sort of wish it had it's own identity i know they wanted to keep the jeep look but, then they started to give it, it's own edge throughout the body would like to a different front end.
post #8 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1compass View Post
The more I look at the compass I sort of wish it had it's own identity i know they wanted to keep the jeep look but, then they started to give it, it's own edge throughout the body would like to a different front end.

I LOVE the Jeep looking front end . . . a winner in my book.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #9 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 06:48 PM

I think its a sharp looking vehicle. Many people assume that they all have V8's and are all 4WD. I tell them no its just a 4 cylinder that is pretty great on fuel but it has the room inside of a larger vehicle.
post #10 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM

I agree with everyone here, the Compass is quite a nifty all-around vehicle..and where I live, I've got the only Compass there is.

09 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport 4X4 *inferno red*5sp manual*sun & sound grp* SOLD
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 *RED*
12 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
48 Dodge Power Wagon AWD *continental flathead 6*
post #11 of 18 Old 07-14-2009, 09:53 PM

No actually I was making conversation with my post, look at the jeep liberty, the looks are close around the lights but it's a sweet ride. I was behind on today myjeepcompass. forum right?
post #12 of 18 Old 07-15-2009, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
I LOVE the Jeep looking front end . . . a winner in my book.
I agree!

|
|
post #13 of 18 Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 AM

I like the Compass because it IS unique. If you take the badges off 99 percent of the SUV's out there you would be hard pressed to tell a Chevy from a Honda. The only other unique SUV out there is the Toyota FJ. But what is up with the white roof on those things?
post #14 of 18 Old 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM

Time for a rag top

The Compass has the greatest styling since the original '48 Willy's Jeepster.
I would love to see an artist's rendering of our Compass as a soft-top.
I think it would be great as a cabriolet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48_Willys_Jeepster.jpg (5.2 KB, 32 views)
post #15 of 18 Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 AM

Compass is my 3rd Jeep (2 Cherokees). Chose the Compass because:
1- It's a Jeep
2- Fuel economy (I've been getting about 30mpg so far)
3- It's a Jeep
4- Unique styling
5- It's a Jeep
6- It's a lot of fun to drive (Don't know what people complain about. The 2.4 VVT with the CVT is plenty powerful.)
7- IT'S A JEEP!
post #16 of 18 Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Garage
Hit the nail right on the head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveSCB View Post
Compass is my 3rd Jeep (2 Cherokees). Chose the Compass because:
1- It's a Jeep
2- Fuel economy (I've been getting about 30mpg so far)
3- It's a Jeep
4- Unique styling
5- It's a Jeep
6- It's a lot of fun to drive (Don't know what people complain about. The 2.4 VVT with the CVT is plenty powerful.)
7- IT'S A JEEP!

I think that that REALLY sums things up.
It all adds up to a great ride.
post #17 of 18 Old 08-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Not to mention the fact that .............IT'S A JEEP............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #18 of 18 Old 08-08-2009, 04:28 PM

My Compass is my first Jeep, though I briefly owned a used Willy's Overland several years ago. But it had many problems and my mechanic told me that I would be tinkering with this vehicle on and off for a long period of time. I find my '07 Compass Sport 4X4 fun to drive and quite economical. I would definitiely buy another Jeep and when my wife is ready to part with her Lexus IS250 I would like her to get a Jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in