Lighted cup holders? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lighted cup holders?

How many of you have the cup holders that light up? My Compass was built 11.08 so it was sitting around for 8 months before I bought it. I can't understand why it sat at a dealer so long. The funny thing is thta it must have not sat out in the weather because the paint is perfect and has no acid rain or any spots what so ever. It was brought in as a dealer trade to the dealer I got it from. I was reading the brochure and saw about the lighted cup holders and wondered when the started to install them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 AM

My Compass Sport (E) was built in 11-08 as well, but no lighted cupholders. I think the option is only on Limited pakages...

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
post #3 of 10 Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 AM

Do any Compass owners here have lighted cup holders? I don't know..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 AM

Garage
Lighted cup holders?
Kewl!
But the cupholders are so located that you can find them blind . . . just reach down between the seats . . . don't have to look around much . . .
I wonder what other "improvements" have been incorporated into the Compass since 2007.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM

no lights here!

Hey all! I just bought a 2009 compass--Rocky Mountain Ed. and no, I have no lighted cup holders--was pretty sure I was getting them too. But of course, they are not really needed as I can pretty much find them easily without!
post #6 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 PM

My '07 Sport doesn't have lighted cup holders. But I think its a great idea.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-22-2009, 04:44 PM

Just bought a 2009 Sport. Doesn't have the lighted cupholders, I even asked the salesman if they light up. The little booklet they gave me shows that the Compass Limited has light-up cupholders.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPASSDL View Post
How many of you have the cup holders that light up? My Compass was built 11.08 so it was sitting around for 8 months before I bought it. I can't understand why it sat at a dealer so long. The funny thing is thta it must have not sat out in the weather because the paint is perfect and has no acid rain or any spots what so ever. It was brought in as a dealer trade to the dealer I got it from. I was reading the brochure and saw about the lighted cup holders and wondered when the started to install them.
my cup holders light up and also under dash above driver and passenger feet. i do not believe it matters which model or year you have, it is an accessory available through your dealer called the interrior ambiant lighting kit. it is a nice option and has several different light colours. i can not remember the cost but if asked i could probably find the reciept.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Yes it is an option, I have seen it online I think it was around 200 bucks. Pretty simple install all plug and play with the exception of drilling two small holes in the cupholders for the LED's. I think this is one of those things that would be cool for a bit but would wear off after awhile. My wife and I had a Soul for a bit with the LED speakers and while cool at first were turned off after a week or so.
Wes
post #10 of 10 Old 08-26-2009, 11:57 AM

07-09 Jeep Patriot Interior Ambient Lighting Kit NEW!

Manufacturer: MOPAR
SKU: AZ82211607ADP
Price: $240.00

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in