December 2006 = Record compass monthly sales! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
ACX

December 2006 = Record compass monthly sales!

Hah! I hoped they would pick up as the year rounded out..

USA = 5066
CDN = 805

total = 5871

this is 1600 units higher than last month, which was the previous record..

I hope 07 keeps rolling along with sales increases!

I know they have 1 in January here... OURS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 01:24 AM

Great to see the sales rising. Just out of curiosity, what are considered great sales per month? I just wonder what other cars sell per month. I am hoping to try and get a Compass in the next couple of months. I just see a lot of haters calling it an Aztec. I just would hate to get a vehicle that isn't around in a couple of years. I personally don't think it looks anything like an Aztec or think that it will sink the brand name as others suggest.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGatekeeper
Great to see the sales rising. Just out of curiosity, what are considered great sales per month? I just wonder what other cars sell per month. I am hoping to try and get a Compass in the next couple of months. I just see a lot of haters calling it an Aztec. I just would hate to get a vehicle that isn't around in a couple of years. I personally don't think it looks anything like an Aztec or think that it will sink the brand name as others suggest.
As for what would constitue good sales, depends on the vehicle, and what capacity is.

You have the caliber as the more popular one, selling between 7500-10,000 a month, ballpark.

Some vehicles will sell 20,000+ a month, but I'm not sure how much capacity the belvidere plant has.

The aztek talk is fairly misguided in my opinion. This platform will be around for a number of years to come at very least. The styling is a little avante garde for sure, but in my view nothing offside like the aztek once was.

The belvidere plant is set up for flexible manufacturing so they can run patriots, calibers and compasses and do it all efficiently which bodes well for them.

It is a depatrue for Jeep, but comes at a time when crossover sales are growing. Not to mention at this pricepoint, it is in the same ballpark as many small cars, so people can move up to a baby SUV for the same price.

on edit, I understand that dcx cliams trhey still "can't build calibers fast enough" so I guess I'd hope to see the 3 models selling near 20k units a month.
I'm pretty sure all 3 shifts are running at the plant now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM

Thanks for the info. I personally love the look of the Compass. I never like the Aztec, not even a little. I can understand why Jeep and others are moving in this direction. Everyone is buying a crossover.

Right now I have a Matrix, almost for three years. I got it right when the crossover craze started. And I've always wanted to buy a Jeep. But the Wrangler isn't practical for me with a 1 year old daughter. And the Liberty is a bit too high priced.

This gives me chance to own a Jeep, and at a great price. The thing I like too, is that for basically the same price as my Matrix, I get a car with many more options. So it makes it even more attractive to me.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
ACX

Interesting. The matrix was one of the best selling vehicles in canada as I recall, and when the Calibers and Compasses started dropping, I thought that they would win some customers.. especially since now the matix and vibe are not available with AWD anymore..

You're exactly right though, for the money, these vehicles are very tough to beat.

Ours is a limited, with musicgate, 6 disc changer security and convenience group, full sized spare, CVT2 and it came out to be like 8k canadian cheaper than a 4 cyl rav4 / CRV as tested with the prices I was quoted.. :lol:
post #6 of 6 Old 01-25-2007, 12:08 AM

I traded in my 3 year old Matrix for my Compass as well. Loved my Matrix, but have no regrets trading it in for the Jeep. In my area (Massachusetts) there seems to be a lot of Matrix and Vibe trade ins for the Compass.
I wonder what number of the 5066 US Dec. Sales I was :
Funny I haven't seen another one on the road though. My husband says he's seen two since we bought ours, one today.
My Compass was delivered the day after Christmas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in