A small announcement concerning Jeep Compass Owners - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

A small announcement concerning Jeep Compass Owners

First of all let me say how awesome all of the members of this forum are. Back in the olden days before ridding a motorcycle was a socially acceptable thing Honda motorcycles had an advertising campaign that stated, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

I am going to change that up a little and say, "You meet the nicest people driving a Jeep Compass."

The Jeep Compass is a product of our times; it makes economic logic for Jeep to build such a car, it is practical, fun and versatile. There are sayings that make the statement.... one trick pony.... or ...... one hit wonder. Jeep is trying to break out of the mold that created what has become a world class icon. That of being simply Jeep.

I get tired of so called and usually self proclaimed experts saying that the Compass is not a Jeep. I have news for them it is a Jeep. It is 100% capable in every driving situation that the average owner is ever going to encounter.

I have set out to prove to the general public that given the chance, the Compass is a contender. There is another website in which I have created a listing. On this website are, as of this date, over 18,000 listings for Jeeps.

There are well over half a million different cars listed. Each car can be listed and voted on for appearance, and modifications. The modifications I have done to my Compass, recently christened Elijah, are simple, inexpensive, and easy to do. (They have to be for me to do them.) Elijah is currently rated in the top 10 of all Jeeps listed. This is not something that I set out to do for myself. It was to prove that with a few simple mods and some semi-decent photography the Jeep Compass can be and is being accepted in the automotive community.

If you would like to visit the website go to http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3350454

I consider this placement a victory for all Jeep Compass owners. Again thanks to the moderators for making this a great place to talk Compass and to every Compass owner who has ever made a post in this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 11-01-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 02:41 PM

Very cool CL. It's nice to see someone who has added some nice features to their Compass without breaking the bank or radically changing the look!

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
post #3 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for a very nice write up...........you are expressing, I'm sure, a lot of genuine members thoughts on the Compass and this forum.
Although we haven't met yet (that's why I don't own a Honda......and never will again) I consider the forum members as part of an extended family treated with respect, kindness and a bit of humor never hurt too.

If only we could find the entry or common point of all those who makes us waste our time...........but we will get there one day!!!!!!!

As for what people think of my ride..........honestly I don't give a damn..........reason is very simple............I ride for me.................and my family.........no name yet..............but it might come as I'm riding more and more lately...........

Keep up the great conversation we may have.............as an FYI........I've ask the owner (admninistrator) of the forum to see if it would be possible to implement a chat room............More to come soon ............I hope!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 PM

We Compass owners are from a different cut. Like you I think the Compass is a well built vehicle and has the potential to become a truly great vehicle. Your upgrades certainly put a different slant on the appearance of the basic Compass.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 AM

CL, Keep on Jeepin! We enjoy your posts.

|
|
post #6 of 8 Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Thank you, I certainly will. Taking the Jeep to Hyde Pk. this weekend to visit the Roosevelt Museum and house.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

As of this small slice of time "Elijah" is rated #7 out of all 18,657 Jeeps on CarDomain.

Hhummm..... maybe a lot of people like the Compass if given the chance. Sort of like the movie that turns out to be a hit after all the reviewers give it a thumbs down.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-25-2009 at 02:45 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
As of this small slice of time "Elijah" is rated #7 out of all 18,657 Jeeps on CarDomain.

Hhummm..... maybe a lot of people like the Compass if given the chance. Sort of like the movie that turns out to be a hit after all the reviewers give it a thumbs down.
Congrats on the rating!

My best friend (who's 6' 6") gave me a lot of crap about buying a "baby Jeep." Until he rode in it. He had head room up front, leg room in back, and was amazed at all the features. Guess who drives everywhere we go now?
I get comments everywhere I go, people saying it looks so much better than they thought, it's roomier that they thought, etc. Not one negative comment (except from my baby sister who teases that it looks like a pumpkin on wheels). Glad to see more and more of them on the road every day!

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in