Spare Tire - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Spare Tire

Hey all, just wondering what size of spare tire would fit in the spare tire compartment as mine came with a little donut. i was told be the dealer that the compartments are the same just longer mounting stem. I tried to fit my stock 215 55 18 in there but it was a no go, maybe if i mount it on a steel rim it wil fit better?

PS getting the new facia, tow hooks and skid plated put on tomorrow

2011 70th Anniversary Jeep Compass -Black
RRO Lift Kit
20mm Ichiba Spacers on Rear
235 65 17 r Radial Wild Country tires
17'' Obsidian Rims Matte Black 38 offset
FDII facia
tow hooks
skid plates

SOON TO PUT ON:
RRO Super Slidder
bfg at ko tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM

Garage
Stock 17's are 215/60/17 so that would hopefully fit (as you can specify full size spare) but not 100% sure - how big is the space in inches?

And what facia is it, the one from the FDII to give space for the hooks or is it a different on? Too soon to be the Mopar one with brush guard? And when are you getting the sliders? Post the pics!

I've been meaning to ask - with your lift do you get much extra body roll or is it still pretty tight?

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BeDevil79; 03-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yea when my new tires come in (225 70 16r BFG AT KO ) ill try fitting one in there

Yup thats the Facia. its getting put on right now so ill post pics once the install is done!
Slidders are ordered and just waiting for them!
the FDII facia's look SOOO much better then the basic ones with the big lip on the bottom of it. Rocky Road may also be developing a brush guard for the compass. shhh.

still trying to figure out how to paint the front chrome grill slots black or ill wait to see if they release the body colored ones

as for the lift you may notice a SLIGHT difference in body roll but nothing really noticeable and if you put a little wider tires on it with a different offset it will be gone

2011 70th Anniversary Jeep Compass -Black
RRO Lift Kit
20mm Ichiba Spacers on Rear
235 65 17 r Radial Wild Country tires
17'' Obsidian Rims Matte Black 38 offset
FDII facia
tow hooks
skid plates

SOON TO PUT ON:
RRO Super Slidder
bfg at ko tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsoundarts View Post
yea when my new tires come in (225 70 16r BFG AT KO ) ill try fitting one in there
Sorry for bumping up the old thread, but I wonder did anyone have any luck fitting full size spare wheel back in trunk compartment with or without any modification?
thanks

~Small Jeep with Big-Benz heart~
2014 Compass CRD 2.2 Limited, Tuned & Debadged
MB DOHC 16v I4 twin-turbo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
@
;
@
;
235/55R17 @
8Jx17 ET35;
@

post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
My FDII Compass came with a 215/65/17 full size spare, its 28" in diameter, so keep it to 28" or less and it should fit.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in