Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

whomever has the tpms, are you able to get all tires to register/have the same pressure mine say start out at 35 and 3 tires end up going to 37 and one stays at 36 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-08-2007, 09:25 PM

The tire pressure fluctates depending on the temperature and how far you've driven so not all of the tires will be the same psi at the same time. My tires pressure range from 32 - 37 throughout the day.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Tire pressure monitor

The Compass uses four tire pressure monitors. There is one in each tire that wirelessly transmits the actual tire pressure to the receiver, unlike other tire pressure monitors that don't tell you the actual tire pressure but instead calculates the pressure differential between tires based on (I believe) the ABS braking system.
When the temperature suddenly dropped to -10 C, two of my four tires went into alarm mode. I brought the car to a garage to top up the air levels and stunned the owner when I told him that he put in too much. He was very impressed that a car as "cheap" as the Compass had real tire pressure gauges.

My tires range from 195 to 213 kPA. You'll never get them to be all the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 AM

Just so there's no confusion. If you don't have the Limited edition, you don't get an exact readout of the tire pressure.... so to my knowledge it DOES use the wheel sensors (ABS) to detect a low tire.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

all 4 start out at 35 , back tires and front right go to 37 and front left gets to 36, pretty much stays there
post #6 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 04:56 AM

You say that there's a difference between the Limited and the Sport Edition regarding the tire pressure monitor ?

I don't think so. I have the Sport edition with sensors inside the wheels and the computer reports the exact pressure of the tires all the way (I checked with an electronic gage). You do have to buy the "driver's convenience group" with the Sport edition because it doesn't come with it by default (Not sure about the Limited Edition). But it is the exact same thing as the Limited version of the package.

Unless I misunderstood you, my belief is that the tire pressure monitor in the Limited or Sport package of the Compass is exactly the same.

RedVortex
post #7 of 7 Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 PM

My dealer told me that the sensors are in the valve stems. Gave me an
estimate of $60 each, for my snow tire rims. Thanks, but No Thanks.

I guess I'll wait until spring, to see how the system works.

By-the-way, for those of you who are experiencing pressure fluctuations
between a cold tire and a warmed-up one, try filling your tires using Nitrogen.
The pressure does not change with a change in temperature.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in