Fun w/ Photoshop and the Jeep Compass. Two Tones. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-05-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Fun w/ Photoshop and the Jeep Compass. Two Tones.

My background involves once owning a Sport Compact that I toyed around with for eight years and put in car shows. I traded it in over a year ago for the Jeep Compass since I'm taking a break from the hobby for probably a long while. (I have a baby on the way, and just won a bid on a house last week!)

That being said, I still get the urge to tinker with the Compass here and there, and I've also wondered... What would the Jeep look like in a two tone? It's a love-it-or-hate-it look, but I've loved the look when it's done right. So I finally took a little time this morning to tinker in Photoshop and see what I could come up with.

So if any of you guys are into this and want to use these pics to go to a paint shop and have at it on your own Compass, go for it. My personal favorite it the first one with the black on top, red below. But my old ride was black and red too (on the left) so I'm a little biased.

If the images happen to not show up, you can view them here: Jeep Compass Two Tones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Garage
The first one looks really good. I do know a guy with a paint booth and a little time on his hands........

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #3 of 9 Old 09-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Garage
You've got a good idea but you break point should be the hood line and the bottom of the c pillar. Then you would only have to stripe the c pillar to break the 2 colors. Try one like that and see how it looks.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 AM

I have been thinking about this as well. Would probably put a pin stripe on it as well to define the contrast. Would probably also paint the mirrors to match if the upper was painted something besides black. Calipers would have to match as well.

Or maybe I have been looking at too much Chip Foose styling.

Anyway very nice work and concepts Knightfall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 09-06-2009 at 05:55 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-06-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliments. As said, some will like the style, others will want to lose their lunch into a paper bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPASSDL View Post
You've got a good idea but you break point should be the hood line and the bottom of the c pillar. Then you would only have to stripe the c pillar to break the 2 colors. Try one like that and see how it looks.

I wouldn't say it should be this way, but I dare not say this looks bad either. I like this just as much actually. It's just a matter of taste of course.

Definitely easier to paint though. Good call there.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-06-2009, 06:02 PM

In your very first photo looks like you photoshoped the door ditches out as well. I like the cleaner lines on the doors as a result.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 AM

Garage
Two tone . . too much.

I love it!!!!

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #8 of 9 Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 PM

id like to see a carbon fiber hood!
post #9 of 9 Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
In your very first photo looks like you photoshoped the door ditches out as well. I like the cleaner lines on the doors as a result.
Yeah, I did. But I didn't keep doing it because I wanted to give ideas what a simple paint job could do to improve (or worsen if you hate this) the look.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in