Breaks :-( - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Breaks :-(

Something went wrong with my breaks

From the time I got the Jeep when I would start to slow down, I would feel the breaks loosen and then catch hold again, well this is my first car with ABS so I thought maybe it was the ABS, then a few weeks ago I read about the recall for the breaks, but I thought ohh well I will just wait for my next oil change and find out about it.

Well yesterday while slowing down for a speed bump the breaks did that catch then loosen thing, and I heard a snap like a spring breaking, and then the car sort of glided over the speed bump, but then it went back to acting like it usually does and I thought maybe I had run over a bolt or something.

Well this morning on the way to work I went to slow down for a school zone from 40mph to 20mph and it did the same loosen catch thing, but it went a while before it caught again, it was kind of scary, then I also noticed that when at a stop light the break peddle slowly releases all the way to the floor board. So that tells me something is just not right
I’m going to call the dealer as soon as they open to tell them I am bringing it in today.

/cry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Well I am not a happy camper,

They can not take the car in until the morning because we had a ice storm over the weekend and they are just way too backed up for me to bring it in.

Also the salesman (who doesn’t work there anymore) told me that they would hook me up with a rental car if I ever needed anything done, but the guy in service says he doesn’t know anything about that and the only way for me to get a rental is by having a extended warranty (and then he proceed to try to sell me said extended warranty)

They do at least have a shuttle, so I will be able to get to work. (late )

My Mazda might have had a lot of problems, but they were always egaer to provide me a rental at no charge with no extended warranty.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 09:50 PM
ACX

I'd be a little rougher on the dealer.

Toyota is living proof that you can recall as many crs as you make in a year and still have a great image if you service things properly and spin things the right way.

Hope it all works out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Well it only gets worse, I decided to take the car in last night cause I was worried about driving it and I had a friend bring me to work early.
Well it just started snowing and sleating and 1/2 on the way into work they started closing schools and such.

Now I am stuck at work, they said we can go home because its going to get worse, and I can't get a hold of anyone at the Jeep place...
post #5 of 11 Old 01-18-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Well they check it out and said it was ok.
They have not heard a word about any recalls dealing with the breaks.

I had sent them a e-mail telling them how upset I was that it was a new new car with under 3500 miles on it and I was upset that I had to bring it in, and that the saleman lied to me about being able to get a rental.

So last night I get a call from the service dude that handled my car, and he goes into this sales speach about this service convience group for about 400 bucks where I get free oil changes for 36,000 miles worth of driving and it provides a rental car. For one they never told me about that when I got the car, they just tried to sell me the extended warrenty.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-18-2007, 10:39 PM

$400? That's cheap. I can't remember the exact price but it was about $1900 or so for the ext. warranty when I bought my Compass.

I figured if they have a good product I don't need an extended warranty. If it's not a good product, I'll sell it when the warranty expires (or before). It's just that simple.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-19-2007, 04:06 AM

My dealer quoted $2195 for the "Gold Plus Plan".
It included car rental, road hazard on the tires
tire rotation, oil & filter changes, and repairs to
non-power train components, for five years.
I figured it would be better to put the money in
the bank.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-19-2007, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
$400? That's cheap.

The $400 bucks was just for the "service convience group " (free oil changes and they provide rental).
The Extended warranty was another $1900 USD, or as the guy said, 250 bucks down and about 90 bucks a month.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-25-2007, 03:56 AM

How are your breaks doing now ? Have you had the time to get it fixed ?

RedVortex
post #10 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVortex
How are your breaks doing now ? Have you had the time to get it fixed ?

RedVortex
They still act funny from time to time but the dealer states that just the way the the ABS breaks work, then the other day the ABS light came on and stayed on but went off after I turned the car off, the dealer still states they don't know anything about a recall for the breaks, so next time that light comes on, I am going right to the dealer ship to show them.

Both me and the kiddo where sick the last two weeks so I have not had much time to focus on this issue, but I do have a call in to the dealer ship and if I don't hear back from them I will have to try to go up the chain a bit.

Ohh and when I called them again to tell them about the light comming on, they went into a extended service sales speach again

I am loving the Jeep, but not happy with the dealer ship
post #11 of 11 Old 02-07-2007, 04:57 AM
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmisery
My dealer quoted $2195 for the "Gold Plus Plan".
It included car rental, road hazard on the tires
tire rotation, oil & filter changes, and repairs to
non-power train components, for five years.
I figured it would be better to put the money in
the bank.
they started there and whittled it down to 1995 for me. I opted out as well.

p.s. hope things turn around for you dude. Any chance on using another dealer?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in