Recommendations - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Recommendations

I'm about a month or two away from heading to my Jeep dealer to see if I can trade in my Matrix and order a Compass. I visited last November and he gave me a rough estimate on when they could buy my current car out where I wouldn't owe anything.

I live in Canada and have been using the online build feature to get an idea on price. At first I was sure I would get a Limited Edition. I just thought it would be the better deal. But the only extras I want to get would be the Satellite radio, Driver Convenience and I promised my wife I would get a sunroof.

After building a Sport model with the extra package that comes with power windows and A/C standard I see that it is about $2000 cheaper or roughly $30 a month cheaper for a lease. I am trying to decide which way to go. Besides the leather seats, cruise control and the silver accents, is there anything else I would get with a limited edition? I don't mind spending a little extra if it's worth while, but saving some money is nice too

One reason I started to think about the Sport is that I have a 1 year old. I thought that maybe leather seats wouldn't be the best thing as they could rip. Plus, living in Canada, I would imagine those seats are cold as heck in the winter.

The other thing I was wondering. When I do an online build, it gives me a monthly payment. But am I right in assuming that it only shows the base payment, with no interest or taxes included? As I said, I'm trying to get a rough idea on what my payments would be per month. Would I then take their estimated payment, add the interest and then tax? Thanks for the help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM
kwc

Limited comes with heated front seats, 18 inch tires and wheels, steering wheel mounted radio controls, leather seats & steering wheel, lumbar adjustment on driver's seat, A/C, power windows, mirrors, door locks, cruise control (they call it speed control), folding front pass seat, keyless entry, and reclining rear seats. If you get the CVT with the Limited, it comes as CVT II, which means you can switch between stick shift and auto. I'm sure there are a few other things that I've missed and others will mention.

I have a Sport 4X4 with the 26E package that covers most of the Limited features except for the leather stuff, CVT II, and audio controls. I have cruise control as an added option. I have the regular CVT, the YES fabric on my seats, and the raised white letter tires and a full sized spare. Also the Sirius radio.

And I traded in my Wrangler for my Compass. Compass is much better on the gas mileage, has a more comfortable ride (of course), and it has a lot more room inside! But, come summer, I'm sure I'll miss that convertible top.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 04:16 AM

Gatekeeper....I believe the payment estimator includes the interest but not the taxes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 08:26 PM
ACX

Were we to do it again, I would very likely recommend going for the sport only loaded up with options.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

I made a bit of a mistake. I meant to say we were looking at a Compass Sport with package E, which I think makes it a Compass North?

That adds, power windows, power locks, tinted glass, AC and I think most of the other options in the limited package. I also forgot to list that we would get the heated seats as well. So I think really the main thing I'd be missing is the leather seats and the silver accents.

I'd actually be getting a manual transmission so the auto stick is also not a big issue.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 AM

I opted for the Limited (stick shift) to replace my Matrix with cloth seats that had three years of child goo embedded in them. I tried to keep the car clean, even had it detailed once. My children are 7 and 12 (girls), you have years ahead of you with a one year old full of vomit, spilled drinks and snacks (even if you ban them, along comes that long trip and there goes the rules), and bubble gum smeared into the seat and so on.
The front seats are heated, and they heat nice. And in my opinion gum and vomit comes off of leather much easier than it does cloth.
Sorry for the details, but I've been fighting off leather for years and have finally given in to the practicality of it. If the seats weren't heated, it would've been a different story, even in my neck of the woods in MA, USA.
Good luck with your choice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in