Extended warranty people - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
ACX

Extended warranty people

Just curious...

If you don't mind..

What package did you get, what did you end up paying?

If you want you can PM me for privacy.

I'm picking up the machine here this week, and... they are trying to sell me on their package..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-24-2007, 03:39 AM

We didn't get the extended warranty on our Compass and I can't actually remember how much it was either but I thought I would tell you about when we bought our new GMC 2500hd a few months ago. They tried to sell us the extended warranty and we declined but then the guy could all of a sudden offer it for $200 cheaper. He may have been able to sell it to us for even less than that. From what we could tell is that he, the financial dealings guy (w/e they are called) must get a cut as well as the salesman because he was going to ask our salesman if he could go lower but he was busy. We still didn't buy it though. So the point of my long, rambling story is...say no at first, even if you really want to buy it, because I bet you could get it cheaper if you hold out a bit and if DC works the same way as GM. I hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-24-2007, 02:07 PM

I have to admit I am a little miffed on that subject, my salesman told me the dealership provided rental cars while you have service done as long as your jeep is under warranty.
I had some issues with my breaks (see breaks thread) and the service guy said no rental but then tried to sell me a extended plan, and it was so scripted it was sad..so ya I think them guys get some kind of cut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynight_x1
I have to admit I am a little miffed on that subject, my salesman told me the dealership provided rental cars while you have service done as long as your jeep is under warranty.
I had some issues with my breaks (see breaks thread) and the service guy said no rental but then tried to sell me a extended plan, and it was so scripted it was sad..so ya I think them guys get some kind of cut
dude I was thinking about you the whole time I was getting the sales pitch..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in