What would you do ?????? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 22 Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Wink What would you do ??????

Open question to all members ........

Let's say that Jeep executives come to you and gives you an opportunity (one shot only) to change or modified one thing on the Compass; that you feel woul greatly improves its look, ride performance or what ever turns you on..........

Quote:
What would it be and explain why?????
Can't wait to see some responses .........

Have fun............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Feel for life; 09-21-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 09-21-2009, 02:05 AM

Custom body kit of my design. It would look a lot more like this.

Not sold on this paint. The ditches on the side are filled in. Lower bumper and sides are a cleaner look. I like the wheels much better and the hood has a carbon insert. Would also borrow some design elements from Startec. Would vent the front wheel wells and behind the D pillar. The outside mirrors would become more wedge shaped. Would fill in the grill with mesh. All chrome bits would be black chrome including the grill. The kit would also include an LED crescent under the headlights. Why? Cause I like it like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 09-21-2009 at 02:20 AM.
post #3 of 22 Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 AM

Garage
I would add more inside storage compartments. I would like to see some sort of space in the left rear cargo area. Maybe something that could be locked.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 AM

I would ask that the engineers find a way to squeeze another 5 mpg or better out of this engine or design another one altogether. No drop in performance allowed though. This would be my "one" thing.

|
|
post #5 of 22 Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster2 View Post
I would ask that the engineers find a way to squeeze another 5 mpg or better out of this engine or design another one altogether. No drop in performance allowed though. This would be my "one" thing.
i'm with you, improved MPG but i would want to see another 10mpg

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
post #6 of 22 Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 AM

One more.. Reduce "A" pillar size. Yes, size does matter, and it does interfere with cornering vision.

|
|
post #7 of 22 Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 PM

Those A pillars really can be a pain in the butt.

I'd be greedy and ask for the SRT4 setup mixed with the 4x4. I'm talking about a turbo slapped on there.

Or, a really good trail rated system - better than the Patriot's FDII.
post #8 of 22 Old 09-23-2009, 08:53 PM

I'd have to agree with power, it needs more grunt. Even with the 5speed manual it's lacking in power.

post #9 of 22 Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM

I hear that. I think it would be nice to see this car with a small turbo charged V6 and a six speed. In short: Give the the drive train some power.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #10 of 22 Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 AM

I'm rather satisfied with the 2.4 World Engine's power. That's me though, but better MPG would be appreciated.

|
|
post #11 of 22 Old 10-01-2009, 03:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster2 View Post
I'm rather satisfied with the 2.4 World Engine's power. That's me though, but better MPG would be appreciated.
I agree with J2, power is fine with the 2.4, but a six-speed, or overdrive could up the MPG by dropping the RPM while highway cruising.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #12 of 22 Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 PM

I would love if they had included the "cool box" mini-fridge thing. I never did understand why the caliber had it as an option, but the jeeps didn't. That thing would have been great on my 1400 mile trip to Jersey last month!

Steel blue metallic
'08 Compass Sport
2WD, PW/PL
As of 2/25/11 have almost 50,000 miles and no major problems to date.
post #13 of 22 Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Oooo good call. I should take to a dodge dealership about getting one installed on my jeep. They can service Jeeps there and I know it for a fact lol

post #14 of 22 Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 AM

Garage
The only problem you might have is getting the AC hoses run into that area. I'm sure they can do it but it will probably cost a lot to get done.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #15 of 22 Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Garage
I think it would be nice to have turn indicator lights on the rear-view mirrors.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-11-2009, 06:17 PM

What I would do....

Well, first things first.... Since the Compass is a Caliber's inbreed cousin - I'd swap out all that is performance with the SRT4 and drop in into the Compass... On top of that HP, take the Rallye kit and "beef" it up just a little... Some carbon fiber accents, a little bolder looking, bigger wheels....

That's what I would do, being on ex-CSRT4 owner and loving the handling/speed of that car...
post #17 of 22 Old 10-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Unhappy Huh

I would change the way they do extensive diagnostic test. Why change a PCM if the diagnosis test says its fine.and if diagnosis is fine warranty will not cover.. Darn computers .
post #18 of 22 Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Well i try to find out what the problem is and then bring it in. I haven't had to do this with my Compass yet, but I've done it with other vehicals in the past.

But anyway, I think it'd be really awesome to be able to get a Compass with a V6, or even a 5 cylinder. (yeah, they exist) All in all, a little more power would be nice.

post #19 of 22 Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rh4wk View Post
i'm with you, improved MPG but i would want to see another 10mpg
You guys are so practical haha

I would also love to see it with a V6 or a turbo thrown in there. Also maybe see the window between the c and d pillars stretched a little bit, or have a style vent. I have always thought it is a little thick and lacking style.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #20 of 22 Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM

One thing I've thought about since the day I bought my compass, was how cool it would be to have a liftgate like the Cherokee. You know with the glass opening separately if you choose. That would be great when carrying those really long items and still have room for a couple passengers. I've looked at it and thought about this, but I don't think there's any way to do it without some serious money involved.

Steel blue metallic
'08 Compass Sport
2WD, PW/PL
As of 2/25/11 have almost 50,000 miles and no major problems to date.
post #21 of 22 Old 10-24-2009, 07:43 PM

Garage
Convertible top.
Once again, as the Jeepsters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-1948_Willys_Jeepster.jpg (69.4 KB, 6 views)

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #22 of 22 Old 10-25-2009, 08:13 AM

Hood scoop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in