Do you have anything strange you do ? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 09-27-2009, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Do you have anything strange you do ?

Maybe I'm a little weird with my cars but I'm a clean freak about them. I wash them as often as I can and that could be everyday if the time allows. It's harded in fall and winter becasue it gets dark so soon. The one thing that annoys me with my 2009 Compass is the chrome knob on top of the shifter gets fingerprints and smeared from your hand. I keep a microfiber towel in the cup holder and am constantly wiping it off. Does anyone else find this annoying or have anything that they do to theirs that they might seem strange.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 AM

I usually leave my rear view mirror on the night setting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-28-2009, 12:48 AM

Garage
I feel the need to constantly look for new accessories and make mine different from everyone else's. I don't know if that's a good obsession or not.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 09-28-2009, 01:27 AM

Garage
That special microfiber towel is a bit eccentric to say the least . . .
Me - I won't let a parking lot jockey park my car, won't even leave my keys with them, rather walk blocks or risk a ticket then let them drive my car.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 15 Old 09-28-2009, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Maybe we all suffer form "OCD". Obsessive Compass Disorder. You think Obama can get this covered in his healthcare plan?

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

Last edited by COMPASSDL; 09-28-2009 at 12:47 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 02:22 AM

im always cleaning my jeep inside its is a wierd obsession even if i see one handprint on thw windows i will clean the whole car
post #7 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 03:54 AM

:lol: well, I have an odd obsession. Ever since i got my compass, I can't stand to see it clean. I just love to get my car dirty

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #8 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 AM

I seem to be obsessed with wearing out my Compass. I commute with it during the week accumulating 75 miles each day, at least. I'm not really wishing to use it up too soon, it's just my circumstances that drive it.

|
|
post #9 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 06:46 AM

I tend to park next to landscape "islands" in parking lots. The spaces tend to be a little larger. I park hard up against the curb so that any cars that pull in next to me have as much room as possible to open their doors without hitting my Compass. Also as people can only park on one side it cuts the odds in half.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

CL............I do the exact same thing for the same reasons............bluntly
I don't trust a lot of drivers out there...........

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #11 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
:lol: well, I have an odd obsession. Ever since i got my compass, I can't stand to see it clean. I just love to get my car dirty
I love having it full of mud...but the interior has to be really clean...so i always end up cleaning my car's interior because i drag mud in it

btw what seat/floormats shampoo do you find works the best??

^^^^^^^^^^(it has to be available in canada) ^^^^^^^^
post #12 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 10:03 PM

Well honestly, I just take the floor mats to a spray-it-yourself car wash and I just use 4-oh-9 on my seats with paper towels. Not to good on any of the paneling though.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #13 of 15 Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 AM

Garage
Sometimes I wish we could have "washable" floors, like Jeep-Jeeps, but, then again, carpeting is nice too.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #14 of 15 Old 10-01-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
I tend to park next to landscape "islands" in parking lots. The spaces tend to be a little larger. I park hard up against the curb so that any cars that pull in next to me have as much room as possible to open their doors without hitting my Compass. Also as people can only park on one side it cuts the odds in half.
I do that too, but didn't realize it was an obsession until now! Yes, my old Compass is ding free and I hope to keep it that way too. You should see my '04 Neon though, it's the opposite..

|
|
post #15 of 15 Old 10-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

J2........I don't call it an obsession...........I call It being wise !!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in