suspension shock gone!!!! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

suspension shock gone!!!!

Would you believe it my warranty is up just 2 months and a "bloody" shock goes on the front suspension(oil all over the arch).so how about that for bad timing. While ordering a new one my mechanic was told there was a bit of a backlog on them as it seems to have happened to a few jeeps. What do you think of that guys. Anone else heard of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-30-2009, 02:54 AM

That's bad timing for the warranty to expire! I haven't heard any problems reported before, and mine have seen quite a few miles and are holding up well so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 14 Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic warrior View Post
Would you believe it my warranty is up just 2 months and a "bloody" shock goes on the front suspension(oil all over the arch).so how about that for bad timing. While ordering a new one my mechanic was told there was a bit of a backlog on them as it seems to have happened to a few jeeps. What do you think of that guys. Anone else heard of this?
Do you take your Jeep off road often?

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
Do you take your Jeep off road often?
And how many klicks are on the vehicle?

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 14 Old 10-01-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Irish jeep

Hi guys, No never gone off road really. although some pretty bad backroads sometimes..but not enough to do damage i think. And have just clocked 56,000 km. And now gettin parts is becoming difficult ,the 2 nearest chrysler/jeep dealers are no longer that (saab & merc now) . So chrysler have even less of a presence here now! can anyone tell me who owns Jeep now, Is it still chrysler or this cerebrus group and what does this mean for the future of jeep /chrysler.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 01:28 AM

Dude, Chrysler/Jeep is still owned by Mopar. They haven't been sold off yet, but many of the Chrysler and Jeep dealerships have closed as result of forced closers of franchises.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #7 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi guys, And now gettin parts is becoming difficult ,the 2 nearest chrysler/jeep dealers are no longer that (saab & merc now) . So chrysler have even less of a presence here now! .
I can't imagine it should be more difficult to get current Jeep Compass parts then it is for me to get TR6 parts for my '75-TR.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Oh I know parts still available, it's just no dealer to get them off lol!
post #9 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 06:39 PM

Unhappy jeep parts

I am worried too,I'm thinking to trade the compass in,all the stock from Ireland and UK is shipped back to US...
post #10 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Vasile.........welcome back..........

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #11 of 14 Old 10-08-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

hey vasile, parts can still be got from the ex dealers. Got my shock on monday. so thats good news. don't sell your compass man, they are a cool jeep and different to anything else on the road. And the way car prices are gone here now ,you won't get anywhere near what its worth!
post #12 of 14 Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 AM

I was going to offer my services to our Irish brothers and try and see if we could import parts to you guys direct from my dealer. That is if there is something you absolutely cannot get in country.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Garage
Stick with it and be glad you did

Quote:
hey vasile, parts can still be got from the ex dealers. Got my shock on monday. so thats good news. don't sell your compass man, they are a cool jeep and different to anything else on the road. And the way car prices are gone here now ,you won't get anywhere near what its worth!
Perseverance . . . if you enjoy the ride, stay with it.
I have stuck with my TR6 since 1976, and after Triumph disappeared as a brand, followed by British Leyland the parts all but dried up.
Today, it is a different story . . . parts for the TR are more readily available then ever. There is still alot of NOS about, but I think you could build a new TR using only repro parts today.

Like I say, stick with it, maybe one day the Compass will become as sought over as a original Jeepster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1948_Willys_Jeepster.jpg (102.3 KB, 3 views)
post #14 of 14 Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks CL. might take you up on that sometime

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in