MSRP and New Orders - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 02-01-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

MSRP and New Orders

Was anyone here able to negotiate from invoice on a new order or did you end up paying full msrp on your new order.

Thanks in advance - PM if you dont want this info public.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
ACX

I would target invoice plus 5 or 600.

Looking at the offers I got, you can look at it this way too, target 5.5% off the sticker.

They still get a holdback so they do make money at invoice, but there is no room to sell them AT invoice from all the guys I talked to.

We didn't pay MSRP. Reduction actually was about 1500 off sticker, this was on an order - limited auto 4X4.

Make sure you settle admin fees / candy coat / over coat / under coat / anti theft beforehand as well.

p.s. if any of you are getting screwed around by a dealer, I can provide you a number of a guy in ontario to call who is very good. For factory orders he should be able to get the vehicle delivered wherever you wanted for just the normal destination. I don't get any sort of kickbacks by the way. It may work it may not. Ive got a deposit with him now as well.

I just hate to hear about people getting ripped off by sales people. If your salesman won't work on the price, walk off the lot!
post #3 of 5 Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 PM

We paid MSRP, but got a reasonable value on our trade-in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
ACX

I should have mentioned, we didnt' trade anything in.

they offered us 4500 for my g/fs civic which we sold privately for 7250. :lol:
post #5 of 5 Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 AM

Pricing

I paid about $600 over invoice with no trade in on 4X2 Sport North, CVT, Driver Convenience Group, Security Group Sunroof.
I was also very firm in declining all the Etching/Clearcoat/GAP Insurance etc that they try to add on.
I did walk away from a couple of dealers who wouldn't budge on not taking the add-ons off. Also 4X2 with North Package are hard to come by (see available inventory on jeep.ca) so the dealers are less willing to negotiate.

Good Luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in