2010 Compass Changes - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2010 Compass Changes

I looked at a 2010 Patriot today and noticed some changes. They have body colored door handles and rear tailgate trim. I saw the illuminated cup holder rings.The mirrors are heated. They have different headrests and the heater /ac controls are different. I would imagine the Compass would be the same way.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 PM

Garage
The 2010 has just been released on the jeep website. Additions include illuminated cup holders and rear seat heat ducts. Everything else looks the same, I couldn't find the body match door handles anywhere, but it might be in a package somewhere.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #3 of 15 Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 AM

No lifetime warrenty on 2010's!?!

I just read the previous posts on the 2010 and got curious. So I was poking around Jeep.com and saw this in some fine print about the Lifetime warranty :

No deductible. Not valid on 2010 models. See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT®, Diesel vehicles, and certain fleet vehicles.

I guess that means I won't be trading up to a newer model anytime soon!

Steel blue metallic
'08 Compass Sport
2WD, PW/PL
As of 2/25/11 have almost 50,000 miles and no major problems to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-12-2009, 04:34 AM

2010 interior includes soft touch interior panel upgrades and some dash accents that I cannot specifically remember right now. It seems to me that nothing much has changed except for the magical illuminated cup holders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 15 Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 AM

Garage
Yeah, I didn't see anything that would want me to run out and trade mine off on a new 2010 model. Being from Canada there is no such thing as a lifetime warranty so that doesn't bother me.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #6 of 15 Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 PM

Garage
More Comfortable Interior and Trail Rating

Jeep® Compass raises the bar in style and comfort with a fresh looking cabin that includes softer and higher-grade materials, bright chrome accents and more. LED-backlight gauges, padded door armrests and a padded center console are just a few of the touches that refine the rugged reputation of Jeep®. The 2010 Compass also offers standard map dome lights, a leather wrapped park brake handle (only standard on Limited) and an available remote start[6] for convenience. And the comfort level has been increased with an available six-way power driver's seat with lumbar support, heated front seats, and rear reclining seats. And a fold-flat front passenger seat adds even more to Compass's already excellent versatility.

A couple of refinements for sure, power drivers seat is nice, as is the padded console and armrests.
And what's this?
The Compass can come as "Trail Rated" in 2010?

A Jeep® Trail Rated® badge is found on all 4x4s that pass a series of grueling tests designed to prove off-road capability on the world's most demanding terrain. Compass's state-of-the-art Freedom-Drive I™ is used to conquer this terrain. The active full-time 4WD system anticipates the need for added traction and responds to wheel-slippage automatically to help ensure you have a safe and carefree driving experience.
(quotes from WWW.Jeep.com)

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by i2canoe; 10-12-2009 at 01:29 PM.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 AM

I saw the thing about the trail rated badge, and that was what got me interested. The no warranty thing killed that idea quick!

Steel blue metallic
'08 Compass Sport
2WD, PW/PL
As of 2/25/11 have almost 50,000 miles and no major problems to date.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 03:20 PM

Well personally, I've grown quite attached to my 08, so I wont be trading it in any time soon me thinks.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #9 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM

I'm already keeping an eye out for a wrecked '09 Compass or Patriot so I can swap out interior parts into my '08.

Rear seat vents and heated mirrors are a definite plus though.

I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about the Compass being trail rated though for 2010. That's news to me.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Well I dont know the specifics on the drive shaft, but all you really need is a differential and some skid plates and you'd have "trail rated" compass. Those are truly the only real differences between a trail rated Patriot and a Compass. And honestly, unless you think your going to be doing some serious Xhit in your compass, the gear reduction isn't even necessary. But I digress. That's a pretty good idea with the part swap there Knightfall, I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited by Feel for life; 10-15-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Family forum, be careful with the choice of words !
post #11 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
Well I dont know the specifics on the drive shaft, but all you really need is a differential and some skid plates and you'd have "trail rated" compass. Those are truly the only real differences between a trail rated Patriot and a Compass. And honestly, unless you think your going to be doing some serious **** in your compass, the gear reduction isn't even necessary. But I digress. That's a pretty good idea with the part swap there Knightfall, I'll keep that in mind.
Or maybe it's that Low/High (2) Speed Transfer case the "Trail Rated" Patriot has......
post #12 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Yeah, thats what I was talking about, der kah dir. That hi low thing, is called a differential.

post #13 of 15 Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
I'm already keeping an eye out for a wrecked '09 Compass or Patriot so I can swap out interior parts into my '08.

Rear seat vents and heated mirrors are a definite plus though.

I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about the Compass being trail rated though for 2010. That's news to me.
I am also starting to look for long term part supply options.

|
|
post #14 of 15 Old 10-15-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
Yeah, thats what I was talking about, der kah dir. That hi low thing, is called a differential.
Apologize, I was half wasted when I wrote that.... Hell, I don't even know what I was thinking of when I wrote that....

Wow...word of advice to all, don't mix rum and wine!
post #15 of 15 Old 10-16-2009, 03:03 AM

Lol, its cool dude, I post some weird stuff when I'm on a date with mary jane.
But anyway,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in