Should I Trade in my 2010 Jeep Compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Should I Trade in my 2010 Jeep Compass

Hi guys,

So I bought my 2010 jeep compass with only 4000 miles preowned a year ago for $13,800 with a 5.9 interest rate at 72 months + extended warranty for 6 years. My payments are $250 a month and I traded in my ford focus at the time for some of the downpayment the rest I took home as cash back. The car loan is now $13,000.00 which makes about sense because of my interest rate and taxes.

Ok now let me try to make this long story short. I love this compass so far but a good deal if there is actually one is always hard to pass up. Jeep called me earlier today to tell me that they want my car because someone wants to buy it and that they have bad credit or something. Now I don't want to be upside down or anything on the loan by getting another car which would most likely just be a new 2012 jeep compass . If they offer to pay off my loan in full is it a good idea to move to a new car? And if they actually offer me more then that is it a good deal?

If I do end up going to dealer any suggestions..

Thanks,
Eduardo

Last edited by cerchiarax; 05-26-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Garage
How much of the Ford was used as downpayment and what will the new Compass cost you?

Donovan
2011 Compass Limited 2.0 Manual
Brilliant Black
Execuhitch Removable Gooseneck Tow Bar
post #3 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 12:05 PM

The 2010 was probably the most solid in reliability of the series given it was the last year before redesign. There are growing pains with the 2012 from other members. If its a lease you're not on the hook but may have a lot of dealer visits getting problems fixed.

As for your deal, I am not clear on how that will favour you.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 02:44 PM

Garage
they don't need your compass. they're trying to sell you a car, and you're falling for it. if you want a car, then buy one, but if not, don't feel bad if you don't "help them out." it's a sales technique, trust me
post #5 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 04:50 PM

I was wondering about that. Why yours when there are loads of used ones on lots. It must be a ploy to upgrade and sell another vehicle. If you're is running good and you're happy then stick with it.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Garage
If you buy the 2012...... as soon you take your new truck from the stealership.... it will cost 4K less......

I strongly recommend keep the one you have now....

add some extras to ur truck... there is always something can be improve...k&n.. sound, speakers, camera, radio, etc... ipod..

regards,

p.d: I am really surprised about that 5.9% loan..... it is incredible.... here un Peru... South America... for a car you get usually 12% or more...

Billy (wojeda)

Jeep Compass 2008, 2.4L VVT, 4x4, CVT II

Door Sill Guards Stainless Steel
Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
post #7 of 15 Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojeda View Post
If you buy the 2012...... as soon you take your new truck from the stealership.... it will cost 4K less......
easy there buddy...
post #8 of 15 Old 05-28-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I've been busy trying to find my original paperwork that I finally found. So I got $3000 for the focus and I left $2000 as a downpayment. And my interest rate is actually lower it's 5.07%.

I felt the same way that it's a sales ploy. The lady on the phone mentioned something about $6000 dollars in rebates. So if I was to get a base 2012 jeep compass for lets say 19k. It could get to that 13k that I owe in my current loan. And since it's new car and not a used one the interest rate should be lower. But even if I'm that lucky I think I'd still be losing out because to get my low payment I think I would have to get another 6 year loan.

So I don't do anything stupid I won't go to the dealership alone and bring my financial friend. Or most likely not go at all!

Regards,
Eduardo
post #9 of 15 Old 05-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. ...............

So I don't do anything stupid I won't go to the dealership alone and bring my financial friend. Or most likely not go at all!

Regards,
Eduardo
Cheers!!!!

Billy (wojeda)

Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
post #10 of 15 Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I've been busy trying to find my original paperwork that I finally found. So I got $3000 for the focus and I left $2000 as a downpayment. And my interest rate is actually lower it's 5.07%.

I felt the same way that it's a sales ploy. The lady on the phone mentioned something about $6000 dollars in rebates. So if I was to get a base 2012 jeep compass for lets say 19k. It could get to that 13k that I owe in my current loan. And since it's new car and not a used one the interest rate should be lower. But even if I'm that lucky I think I'd still be losing out because to get my low payment I think I would have to get another 6 year loan.

Regards,
Eduardo
they got you again

there are not $6,000 in rebates. in fact, there is nowhere NEAR $6k in rebates. what she said was "we have rebates up to $6,000," meaning other models, and you have to be military, recent college graduate, returning lessee, etc. but it's worded very carefully, so you heard "there is $6,000 in rebates on the compass." your figures are way off, there is only a $1,000 rebate on the compass, more if you qualify for the rebates i just mentioned.

these salesmen are good, i should hire a few of them
post #11 of 15 Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
they got you again

there are not $6,000 in rebates. in fact, there is nowhere NEAR $6k in rebates. what she said was "we have rebates up to $6,000," meaning other models, and you have to be military, recent college graduate, returning lessee, etc. but it's worded very carefully, so you heard "there is $6,000 in rebates on the compass." your figures are way off, there is only a $1,000 rebate on the compass, more if you qualify for the rebates i just mentioned.

these salesmen are good, i should hire a few of them
Person on the phone wasn't sales. She only mentioned 6k rebates. I only assumed it could be for compass. But thanks for the heads up . Most likely not going to waste my time.
post #12 of 15 Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM

Garage
Yeah, sounds to me like their fishing, i say pass.
post #13 of 15 Old 06-17-2012, 04:33 PM

Garage
Now that Jeep anounced that Jeep Compass will be out of market by 2014 you have one more thing to consider.

regards,
William

Billy (wojeda)

Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
post #14 of 15 Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Even if you wanted a new one - you could still shop around to see if you can get a better deal from somewhere else. But, it sounds like you weren't even thinking about getting a new car in the first place.
post #15 of 15 Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM

Just go out and buy it and we can close this thread. Waist of time.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in