No command start so no warm car for me?? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

No command start so no warm car for me??

Hi all. Today it was -30 C and my DH and I went to do something that we have done with every other vehicle we have ever owned. We tried to lock the doors of our Compass with the 2nd set of keys while it was running with the other set of keys in the ignition only it wouldn't lock! This was the 1st time we have tried this since we don't need to lock it while it is warming up at home on our acreage. Does anyone know if there is a way to change some sort of programming or preferences or something? If not, I guess we have yet another thing to add to our ever growing list of things that irritates us about our Compass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 03:02 AM

We are able to do that with ours. Might be a setting or something. Did you try with the other key in the ignition?
post #3 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 03:14 AM

If I remember well, I have to manually lock the door (in the door's key lock) from the outside with the other key if I want to leave the key in the ignition.

The remote buttons won't work if you have a key in the ignition, that's for sure, I tried.

Page 14 of the owner's manual states:

Note: With the driver's door open, and the key in the ignition, both the power door locks and Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) will not function.

it is annoying, however, you really don't want to lock your keys inside the vehicle by mistake and that's why those features are there in the first place.

RedVortex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAAB 994
We are able to do that with ours. Might be a setting or something. Did you try with the other key in the ignition?
No, we didn't try switching the keys. I'll try that next time and see if it works.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVortex
The remote buttons won't work if you have a key in the ignition, that's for sure, I tried.

RedVortex
Hmm, BAAB says their's works. Has anyone else tried this??
post #6 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVortex
it is annoying, however, you really don't want to lock your keys inside the vehicle by mistake and that's why those features are there in the first place.

RedVortex
Yes, I can understand that but it should work if you are using the other remote because obviously you are either in the car pressing the buttons on the key in the ignition or are using the spare. All of our GM trucks have allowed us to do it so that is why we were surprised when we found we couldn't on our Compass.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-09-2007, 03:21 PM

You guys had me worried that it was not locking and someone could drive off with my Compass. So I tried it again today, it beeped, and the locks go down. At least I know the Compass is safe for the few minutes during warmup while I am inside.

Do you guys have an auto starter on yours? I do not, but might be part of it.

Barry
post #8 of 8 Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

BAAB...I don't have autostart on mine either. Today I tried switching keys like you suggested. It worked at home so I was all happy but when I went to do the same when I got to my destination, it didn't work again. I'm due for my first oil change in the next few weeks so I'll get them to take a look at it then I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in