No loaner/rental car from Dealer!! :( - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By IRSmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
No loaner/rental car from Dealer!! :(

So according to 2 dealers here in the US, chrysler does not offer loaner cars for when your car has a valid under warranty problem and needs to stay in the shop for the day. Only IF you buy the extended coverage. This is VERY irritating and would think its just good business to offer such a thing. Any thoughts??

2011 Jeep Compass Lat. 4x4
Sun/Sound Package
26B Package
Sat. Radio
Mopar molded mud flaps & Mopar Winter Slush Matts
Weathertech vent visors (in-channel)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 PM

It depends on the problem but the dealers manager and I mean service manager CAN provide that. Insurance is always extra though. I have been offered a few times only accepted it once though for my tranny swap.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-21-2012, 01:58 PM

May be more of a dealer's option. I know my dealer offers a loner if needed. At least if that is where you purchased the car.

Bob

"What do you mean, my Compass doesn't have a compass?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-21-2012, 03:42 PM

Many dealers around here (southeast Michigan) offer "shuttle" service.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-21-2012, 06:16 PM

Garage
they are correct. chrysler's standard warranty does not cover loaner cars. but most extended warranties do.
Jmarcb likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I should clarify that they did offer a "shuttle" however it seemed inconvenient and they didnt realize i lived 20 miles from the dealer. So I am disappointed with Jeep. So many other makes offer such a service. I still like my car but am just disgusted with that.

2011 Jeep Compass Lat. 4x4
Sun/Sound Package
26B Package
Sat. Radio
Mopar molded mud flaps & Mopar Winter Slush Matts
Weathertech vent visors (in-channel)
post #7 of 11 Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMScompass4x4 View Post
I should clarify that they did offer a "shuttle" however it seemed inconvenient and they didnt realize i lived 20 miles from the dealer. So I am disappointed with Jeep. So many other makes offer such a service. I still like my car but am just disgusted with that.
few manufacturers actually offer a free loaner car with warranty work, jeep is no different. there are some, but the percentage is low.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

It does suck they don't at least offer, as a courtesy or good business, but I know with my truck, I wasn't covered for a loaner vehicle until I bought the Chrysler Maxcare warranty.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #9 of 11 Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 AM

My dealer, Dick Scott of Plymouth MI, gave us an Enterprise Chrysler minivan for the 11 days our '08 Compass was in their shop getting the CVT tranny replaced at 75k miles, earlier this summer ('12). Thank the Lord for the "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty" the 2008's came with! We have NO extended warranty.

The dealer had to try a few "fixes" at the bequest of Chrysler, but then convinced them that our tranny was definitely defective - thus the 11 day "stay". We were well satisfied with our treatment by this dealer, and 5k miles later, the Compass is driving A-OK!
post #10 of 11 Old 08-28-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassSportMan View Post
My dealer, Dick Scott of Plymouth MI, gave us an Enterprise Chrysler minivan for the 11 days our '08 Compass was in their shop getting the CVT tranny replaced at 75k miles, earlier this summer ('12). Thank the Lord for the "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty" the 2008's came with! We have NO extended warranty.

The dealer had to try a few "fixes" at the bequest of Chrysler, but then convinced them that our tranny was definitely defective - thus the 11 day "stay". We were well satisfied with our treatment by this dealer, and 5k miles later, the Compass is driving A-OK!
That was a USA only offer. Having said that its still not a lot of miles for a tranny and should not have failed. They don't heat up like a regular tranny andl likely due to design/reliability. Oh well, I am on #2 here and keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #11 of 11 Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassSportMan View Post

For those of you unfamiliar with it - the "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty" didn't include rental. The dealer (or Chrysler) must have offered it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in