Hids questions - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Hids questions

i had my 2012 jeep compass for about a month now, i came from a charger. anyhow i got HIDS for them h11 bulbs with the error code elimanators but the light STILL turns off on an d randomly. like one said will turn off, then back on and then maybe the other side will or wont do it... any ideas? this kinda gets me mad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Garage
this will solve all of your HID problems. pop the hood, and gather up every HID component that you've installed. then, place them here:

http://tinyurl.com/8axehev

problem solved
post #3 of 7 Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

:P even though on older cars HID's in a circle reflect housing would scatter light everywhere mine however shoot a line just like a projector you should know your a tech. i come for help to these forums, like most people do not to be told to toss out my HIDS. i just wanna know if i have to get something else to install like the harness that connects to the battery or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Garage
Hey some people think their opinions even though they are allowed to say them have to be heard by everyone. Some people should keep their comments to themselves.
Sorry I don't know the answer, maybe someone will write something important and informative.

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited (black)
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS (blue)
post #5 of 7 Old 09-04-2012, 06:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrah View Post
:P even though on older cars HID's in a circle reflect housing would scatter light everywhere mine however shoot a line just like a projector you should know your a tech. i come for help to these forums, like most people do not to be told to toss out my HIDS. i just wanna know if i have to get something else to install like the harness that connects to the battery or something.
this topic has been beaten to death on this forum, but believe me when i say i "know my tech" when it comes to HID lights, and yours, my friend, do not emit a beam pattern anywhere near a projector.

for a good read, google "daniel stern lighting" to see what i mean. you can do as you wish, but throwing hids in your car won't give you the effect you desire. your visibility at a distance and your reaction time at night are both comprimised.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You do have projector lens' on your foglights, you could put HID's in there without too much problem with extra glare. granted fog lights work in the fog........just a suggestion.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-05-2012, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

it gets beatin to death on every forum. im not looking for more light i know the higher in kelvin i go the more light i lose. im trying to do some mods to my car, and my charger looked sick with them. since i cant do a Cold air intake cause of the computer being on the air box im doing other stuff and hids is one of them, i just wanna know how to make them stop turning off randomly by relay harness or something along those lines. my BOW's arnt stopping them.

Last edited by jerrah; 09-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in