Compass sun roof - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Compass sun roof

I have read some posting about leaking sunroof in the 2007 Jeep compass. So Here is my question, I did the 20oz bottle of water test on each corner and it passes with ease. It appears that the drain tubes drain properly. So I closed the sunroof and poured a bottle of water on top of it and watched from the inside, I can see that waster coming down into the track an out the drain tubes. But we had downpours here for 2 days and I had water in my dome light. What should I be checking into now. This has all of a sudden happened. Heck we washed the jeep Sunday, and we had no leaks. and Yesterday it decided too. Oh of course its out of warranty. We've had it for 4 yrs without issues...other that bad tie rod end I replaced.

Last edited by numskull; 09-19-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Wow, no one has had this happen? Or no Ideas?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM

Garage
been there....

Yes, been dealing with this too... had back to dealer several times... replaced seal, readjusted track and all that happy b.s.

same deal.. heavy rain filled dome light and even messed up some electronic connection yet thay said it was fine and passed all their tests... once again NOT!!!!

My only solution .. and one that although drastic, is the only effective way of stopping the leak and causing further water damage to my Compass...
.... black RTV silicone adhesive sealant. If you take the smallest size on the applicator and insert it between the rubber of the sunroof and the contact lip of the roof .. and take your time... it won't be seen and gives a great seal. I haven't had it leak since... sure I can't open the sunroof but I could remove it in the future if needed. Better than having the major damage that this type of leaking with definately cause...

Billg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM

I had the same issue when I bought my wife's 07 compass last year. We took it back to the dealer twice and on the second time they fixed it. First time was a seal replacement. The second was re-adjusting the glass. They also verified the drains where cleaned in case any water did get past the seal. The re-adjusting of the glass does seem to be the trick. I check it every now and then when I remember do. Most of the time just sticking my fingers into the channel and it's still dry.

Maybe there is a How-to on this forum to do it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in