2011-2013 Jeep Compass Roof Rack Cross Bars INSTALLED WITH PICS - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

2011-2013 Jeep Compass Roof Rack Cross Bars INSTALLED WITH PICS

I finally found a reasonably priced roof rack. I bought an aftermarket one off of ebay for $150 which def beats the Mopar one for like 250. Here is a link for who I bought it from.

Seller: svautoparts

Jeep Compass 2011 2013 Black Aluminum Roof Top Rail Cross Bars Rack Carrier | eBay

Overall it is a decent design but it did take a small amount of dremelling to make the holes line up perfectly. Didn't take long and I did it in under an hour in the freezing cold rain.

I also have a thule snowboard rack that locks directly into this. I'll update in a few weeks when we finally get some snow!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 PM

looks great!

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 AM

Garage
That's the ones I had, I liked the flush struts without overhang. A bit noisey above 60kph but pretty good and unique for the price

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDevil79 View Post
That's the ones I had, I liked the flush struts without overhang. A bit noisey above 60kph but pretty good and unique for the price

you didn't happen to keep them before trading in the jeep did you?

OP, do they slide at all, or do they use the mounting holes that i see capped on the roof?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
you didn't happen to keep them before trading in the jeep did you?

OP, do they slide at all, or do they use the mounting holes that i see capped on the roof?
Hey IRS, sorry no, I kept the basket but left the crossbars on and they added an extra $200 to the trade value

You can't slide them btw, they use the holes you see - and only the one position option not like the 2007-10

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM

I got the Mopar but your look very good in fact better then mind

Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

took a trip up to whiteface to snowboard recently and got a feel for these things on a highway. The roof racks alone are pretty loud. Surprisingly adding the thule snowboard racks actually made it have less sound.

I decided to buy a wind fairing off ebay. It was actually a Rage Racks wind fairing for the Rage basket but with the help of a dremel I was able to make it fit perfectly. Sound is almost completely gone.

All in all for 150 for the rack and 30 for the wind fairing I am EXTREMELY happy. When I get a chance I will post up some more pics
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Here are the pics...thoughts?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdambro View Post
took a trip up to whiteface to snowboard recently
Next time you go snowboard at Whiteface shoot me a PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 PM

Roof Racks

I just bought a 2011 compass sport (haven't even picked it up yet). Great post on the roof racks, I am having a hard time finding the same one and will keep searching (they look more streamline then Mopar).
I was wondering what the round parts on top are for, and also was wondering if the 'holes' on the rack were strong enough to use as tie down points. I am looking to put a kayak on top.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I find where to get them I will post it up on here for anyone else.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjus4u2nv View Post
I just bought a 2011 compass sport (haven't even picked it up yet). Great post on the roof racks, I am having a hard time finding the same one and will keep searching (they look more streamline then Mopar).
I was wondering what the round parts on top are for, and also was wondering if the 'holes' on the rack were strong enough to use as tie down points. I am looking to put a kayak on top.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I find where to get them I will post it up on here for anyone else.
I responded to your PM. They are just as sturdy as any racks on the market. Everything is solid. They could easily hold anything you can fit on your roof. Buy mopar or the knock off ones - they are the same. The mopar ones probably line up perfectly and fit perfectly. These take a little work but the end result is the same...minus $100
Old 07-05-2013, 04:30 PM

Hello, I just joined in this forum and I am looking to find more info about Jeep Compass Cross bars!

I can't seem to find the seller where you bought yours, do you think this will fit mine? I have Jeep Compass 2012

Am for 2011 2014 Jeep Compass Roof Rack Cross Rails Rail Bars Genuine Style | eBay
Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdambro View Post
Here are the pics...thoughts?

Was the deflector worth it, any additional noise?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:23 AM

Sport rack compass 2012

I got the same sport rack from ebay and I find it does make noise. I had three questions :

1) Just to make sure I installed them properly; there are arrows on the bars, so I put the front arrow to the front and the back arrow to the back right? I'm pretty sure cuz thats the only way it fitted, but I should have dremeled a bit like you said.

2) Do you also have a sort of gap in the plastic where the bolts go? I wonder if we can fill in the gap if that might reduce the noise? I tapped the gaps and I found it reduced the noise a bit but I think most f it comes from the bars itself, so maybe I'll get a deflector like yours.

3) I also lost one of the plastic covers that you take off to install the bolts, I tried going to the dealer but couldn't find any replacements... do you know where I could find one?

Thx
Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 AM

Garage
Not too shabby. I've been searching and searching with no luck on finding a rack. Yakima doesn't make any that fit to the compass, which sucks cuz I just received a Yakima rack for my Subaru before I traded it in for the Jeep. I kept the rack, but can't find towers that would fit the jeep or yakima cross bars. Maybe I'll look into this one since you say its less than $200 all together for what looks to be a pretty sharp looking rack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in