couple questions - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

couple questions

I found a 07 compass with 92,000 miles at a real good price.my wife is a part time mail carrier and her blazer is costing us big time lately! with being part time a rhd jeep is to much money right now.i was wondering how you would think the cvt tranny would hold up for this "abuse".or if there is any other concerns or things I should look for when I look at it.thanks for any help or ideas.
adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 AM

If it comes with a sun roof confirm it doesn't leak. From what I learned it was common issue in early models. Run water with a hose over it. My wife and I purchased an 07 compass limited for her just over a year ago. A day after we brought it home it rained and water started dripping from the lights near the sun roof. Lucky for us the dealership we bought it from was kind enough to replace the seal and adjust the sunroof for a proper seal at no cost. Everything has been fine since.

Haven't had any drive train issues. In the winter it would stalled twice when It was really really cold. the Stalls would only happen if I just jump in and drive vs letting it sit for a minute or two before taking off.

My wife uses the compass as her daily driver. 15-20 miles round trip everyday.

Last edited by Chiefrudy; 06-26-2013 at 01:38 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam10 View Post
I found a 07 compass with 92,000 miles at a real good price.my wife is a part time mail carrier and her blazer is costing us big time lately! with being part time a rhd jeep is to much money right now.i was wondering how you would think the cvt tranny would hold up for this "abuse".or if there is any other concerns or things I should look for when I look at it.thanks for any help or ideas.
adam
Run as fast as you can.

The 2007 is one of the worst builds with numerous problems. The only way it may be ok and maybe if the entire front end was rebuilt (Lower A arm with ball joint, inner/outter tie rods, struts front and back), alternator fails by 100k or much earlier, CVT is extremely expensive repair as well.

Most off the above need to or will wear out again fairly quickly especially if dealer parts are used. The quality is very poor which is the big problem. Later years are better but still weak areas. My 2009 has spend dozens of times in shop for repairs, thankfully most covered by the warranty.

whatever you get it for expect to spend it again in repairs within a year.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 PM

My 07 jeep has 103k miles, only problem I've had out of it is I can't figure out how to point the headlights up. It's been a great ride but the family is growing and we are probably looking to upgrade to another bigger SUV.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 09:09 PM

They maybe fixed within the base. Much like my Grand Cherokee. I can only adjust left to right and not up/down.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tripplec; 07-01-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in