need your opinions what do you think...... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 38 Old 11-03-2009, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

need your opinions what do you think......

so glad i found this site!!! so my rear bumper trim on my 07 jeep compass started looking like crap faded chemical stained ect. so i decided to re paint it. preped with adhesion promoter then gave it 3 coats of trim paint. personally i think it looks great.. now i came across the silver bumper piece avaliable on the full loaded compasses. i thought it would look good black. the piece only cost me 50$ but i don't know if im sold on it i need opinions. im thinking it would look ok when i take my advertisement off the window. i need your suggestions. im going for a blacked out look. the first pic is the before of the trim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeep one.jpg (58.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg jeep two.jpg (62.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg jeep three.jpg (55.5 KB, 47 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 AM

Interesting.... .need to highlight the Compass name.

by the way WELCOME zman!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #3 of 38 Old 11-03-2009, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
Interesting.... .need to highlight the Compass name.

by the way WELCOME zman!

hmm ok thats a great idea... and thanks. i have a bunch of things to share with the forum. plan on posting away tmrw when i have time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome and keep them coming...........like CL said you need to emphasize a bit of the Compass name............

My 2 cents

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 38 Old 11-03-2009, 10:51 PM

Garage
It looks ok but it is missing something. I would have to agree with CL and FFL. I've gone black on all my accessories as well so if you're looking for some ideas I have various pieces on mine already.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #6 of 38 Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 AM

Looks Ok to me, but I'll side with contrasting the Compass logo. You might want to check Ebay for decals.

|
|
post #7 of 38 Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Like the black, looks good, and as far as highlighting the Compass name/logo, since you have the khaki metallic, which was the color I was fond of, go to your dealer, pick up the touch-up paint, and with some time and patience, inlay the letters with the paint, that way you keep with the black, Compass stands out and it still matches your Jeep! Just a thought....

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #8 of 38 Old 11-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Garage
I thought that too but I say that too many times so I didn't want to say it first

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #9 of 38 Old 11-15-2009, 02:27 AM

I agree wtih Cherokee, I think that look pretty nice with "Compass" filled in with the tan.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #10 of 38 Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
I agree wtih Cherokee, I think that look pretty nice with "Compass" filled in with the tan.
hmm im going to try it i have a mopar paint pen/brush!
post #11 of 38 Old 11-20-2009, 12:53 AM
DMZ

When your done practicing on yours???? You can add me to your list!!
Lets see how you do....

Beware of my deer
post #12 of 38 Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Yeah, you definitely have to post up some pics when you're done so we can see the results!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #13 of 38 Old 11-27-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Yeah, you definitely have to post up some pics when you're done so we can see the results!

- Cherokee
pics coming tmrw when i install it it was a bitch to do im still not 100% done but i think it looks good teaser pic up later tonight
post #14 of 38 Old 12-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Well??

09 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport 4X4 *inferno red*5sp manual*sun & sound grp* SOLD
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 *RED*
12 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
48 Dodge Power Wagon AWD *continental flathead 6*
post #15 of 38 Old 12-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Yeah, guess we're getting teased about the teaser pic, lol! I really wanna see what it looks like!

- Cherokee

post #16 of 38 Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

pics up tmrw i had my jeep rust sprayed and there was oil drippin i didnt want the oil to ruin the freshly painted piece! i need to wash my jeep and stick it on. pics tmrw
post #17 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Administrator

So you did get it finished? Awesome! Looking forward to the pics!!!

- Cherokee

post #18 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So you did get it finished? Awesome! Looking forward to the pics!!!

- Cherokee

we got a **** load of rain and snow so i didnt put it on it was in the back seat awaiting hopefully tmrw.
post #19 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Administrator

I know the feeling! It hasn't stopped raining here in 3 days! I will need a boat....er canoe if this keeps up! It's absolutely miserable, and I know what all of you north of the border are gonna say haha, but yesterday we didn't even get out of the 40's F, that is very cold for here, lol!

- Cherokee

post #20 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I know the feeling! It hasn't stopped raining here in 3 days! I will need a boat....er canoe if this keeps up! It's absolutely miserable, and I know what all of you north of the border are gonna say haha, but yesterday we didn't even get out of the 40's F, that is very cold for here, lol!

- Cherokee
brutal it was -7 c (correction 19F). i have to wash the jeep again as its covered in salt

Last edited by zackman; 12-13-2009 at 04:00 AM.
post #21 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Yeah, that would be brutal. I would not be able to handle it, in fact I was telling a friend of mine just last night that if I were to see temps like that here on a regular basis, it would definitely be time to move, but I imagine you guys/gals are very used to it. What's it like in the summertime?

- Cherokee

post #22 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, that would be brutal. I would not be able to handle it, in fact I was telling a friend of mine just last night that if I were to see temps like that here on a regular basis, it would definitely be time to move, but I imagine you guys/gals are very used to it. What's it like in the summertime?

- Cherokee
summer is anywhere from as low as 20*c (68*f) to as high as 40*c (104*f)

winter can get as cold as -30*c (-22*f)
post #23 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Summer definitely sounds like my time to visit, then lol, that sounds more like what I would consider bearable haha. Guess I'm just used to the heat and humidity here. We had several days this past summer where heat indices were well above 100 F with the humidity.

I went to Montreal many moons ago, lol and it was towards the end of summer and it was very comfortable, low to mid 70's F if I recall. Shirtsleeves and shorts, very pleasant that time of year.

- Cherokee

post #24 of 38 Old 12-13-2009, 06:16 PM

Garage
I wish it was -30, it's -33 (-27F) today and -45 (-49) with the wind.

post #25 of 38 Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Cherokee said :
Quote:
I went to Montreal many moons ago
When was that ??? I wouldn't be able to do without the 4 seasons.......each one brings their own beauty but summer is definitely better as we can chill out outside end enjoy one of Montreal's biggest asset................our woman !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #26 of 38 Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 PM

lol Feel, I think you fell right outta the sixties man. (you and me both lol)

Anywayz, I do hope that those pics come soon, Im getting eager!

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #27 of 38 Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

We need to be patient it seems with the Z man.......

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #28 of 38 Old 12-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
Cherokee said :

When was that ??? I wouldn't be able to do without the 4 seasons.......each one brings their own beauty but summer is definitely better as we can chill out outside end enjoy one of Montreal's biggest asset................our woman !!!!!
Honestly, I believe I was around 9-10 years old when we went to Montreal so that would have been over twenty years ago, lol!

We get a taste of the 4 seasons here, just without the brutal extreme winter, spring and fall are really nice, but I prefer summer!

- Cherokee

post #29 of 38 Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 PM

I like it. I wouldnt mind doing something similar on my jeep. I would highlight the compass logo in white however. To match my on-going black and white color scheme.
post #30 of 38 Old 12-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedcompass View Post
I like it. I wouldnt mind doing something similar on my jeep. I would highlight the compass logo in white however. To match my on-going black and white color scheme.
Hey, white would look good, too. I just think it makes a cool contrast. If you decide to do it, be sure to let us know, with pics of course!

- Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in