Looking to 2013 - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Looking to 2013

Jeep will most likely introduce a new model small SUV in 2013. If you could look over the designers and engineers shoulders what styling and engineering features would you like to see?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-08-2009, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

I would like to see a set of factory options packages or factory designed aftermarket parts that would let us choose what the individual really wants in a Jeep for the 21st century.

You want a Jeep that has more acceleration you could add it.

Want a trail rated package you can get it.

Want better MPG there are ways to build it.

Need real towing or rooftop capability add it on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Administrator

That's a good question, with lots of good answers...

In all honesty, I think sometimes for a company to look forward, it must look backward, just a bit, to remember where it came from. Not to the point of going completely retro on the style (no offense to anyone here, but the PT Cruiser??? Thank goodness it's on its way to that big Autobahn in the sky) and the Chevy HHR, made a good Super Bowl ad, but that's about it.

My point is, Jeep, for all that own and love them, is not just a vehicle but a LEGEND, and that should be the first thing kept in mind in any redesign. Personally, I like the older body styles, the sharper lines and rugged look, really wish they'd bring back the 4L I-6, awesome engine, just find a way to equip it with MDS for good mpg, but for me, as long as I can lift it, tow behind it, fill it with gas not plug it in, and it doesn't look like a Smart, good by me.

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in