problem - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
problem

i have a jeep compass 2008 north edition on sunday i was driving around with my friend and at a redlight my whole dach light up and rmp went down to zero and i couldnt start it up anymore its been two days and the people at my garage cant find the problem can anyone help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 01:12 AM

Hello Steve: I'm a new member here...Judging by your symptoms, it sounds like a computer problem or electrical...Best thing to do, is have it checked out by a Jeep /Chrysler dealer because you have no choice...They will run it through their diagnostics computer system and then advise you of the problem. Go from there...Since it's a 2008 model, I recommend you do this before contacting other auto elecs/mechanics. See what they say first before doing anything else.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 08:13 PM

I'd start with a known 100% good battery. Check the power distribution fuses in the TIPM located above the battery and to the right a little. You'll need a multimeter as well.

Once you have a good battery. when the key is turned the lamps you come on as part of the test mod. You'll need to do a series of tests to determine where or what the problem is. Taking it to the dealer or Auto electric mechanic shop are you likely options though. A good experienced base line is needed to isolate that problem.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in