Compass wins an award - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 03-20-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Compass wins an award

All New 2007 Jeep® Compass is awarded a “Best Buy” from Consumers Digest®.

The award-winning Jeep® brand recently added another impressive accolade to its long history of achievements, underscoring its promise to deliver vehicles synonymous with fun, freedom, and adventure.

Jeep Compass was presented the impressive “Best Buy” award from Consumers Digest® magazine. A “Best Buy” represents the very best balance of attributes within its class.

Each year the best overall values are selected in 8 model segments, ranging from inexpensive compact cars to premium luxury SUVs. The vehicle’s price, features and accommodations, as well as its performance during test drives are all considered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Re: Compass wins an award

Quote:
Originally Posted by echocat22

The award-winning Jeep® brand recently added another impressive accolade to its long history of achievements, underscoring its promise to deliver vehicles synonymous with fun, freedom, and adventure.

Jeep Compass was presented the impressive “Best Buy” award from Consumers Digest® magazine. A “Best Buy” represents the very best balance of attributes within its class.

Each year the best overall values are selected in 8 model segments, ranging from inexpensive compact cars to premium luxury SUVs. The vehicle’s price, features and accommodations, as well as its performance during test drives are all considered.
When did that happen? I have a subscription to Consumer Reports and I have the issue where they reviewed the Compass and to say the least they were NOT kind. I don't remember them listing the Compass as a Best Buy but I'll double check tonight.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #3 of 7 Old 03-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Administrator

I do remember reading about that,and it wasn't that long ago. I think on one of the auto websites I read a lot was when I saw that, couple weeks ago, maybe. No, when they were first previewing the car, it seemed like nobody had anything good to say. At the time, my thought was, why bother reviewing it if it doesn't even stand a chance? Sounds pretty biased. Seems like the only favorable opinions are from the fans and from Jeep. Maybe now, people will take notice, and the Compass can really be competitive in its segment. We can only hope!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

PRESS RELEASE
February 21, 2007 Consumers Digest®. ........not Consumer Reports
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2007, 07:56 PM

Nice to see someone have a good thing to say about the Compass!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Re: Compass wins an award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
Quote:

When did that happen? I have a subscription to Consumer Reports and I have the issue where they reviewed the Compass and to say the least they were NOT kind. I don't remember them listing the Compass as a Best Buy but I'll double check tonight.
Okay here is the Synopsis from the Consumer Reports Review in the February 2007 issue:

Model Reviewed: Jeep Compass Sport with CVT & 2.4L Engine
Category: Small SUV’s
Score: 51 out of 100 (Compass Score)
Highest Rated: Toyota RAV4 Limited (V6) – Score: 83 out of 100 (Effectively this means that the Compass scored 51 out of 83 or 61.4%) (This RAV4 V6 also costs about $9000 US more than this Compass Sport)
Highs: CVT Transmission, Unusual Interior Features
Lows: Agility, Fit & Finish, Engine & Road Noise, Visibility, Rear Access.

It was Not a CR Quick Pick either.

For comparison the Jeep Liberty Sport (V6) scored @ 42 by Consumer Reports and it costs $4000 US more than the Compass.

post #7 of 7 Old 03-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE
February 21, 2007 Consumers Digest®. ........not Consumer Reports
Okay that explains it. My mistake. I wonder if Consumer Digest is trying to pass itself off as Consumer Repors by having a similar name?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in