Projector head light for 2012 compass(HELP) - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 12-20-2013, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Projector head light for 2012 compass(HELP)

Well a 2014 Grand cherokee head light fit on my 2012 jeep compass? & if not, is their any aftermarket web site i can go get them? Or how about the new 2014 jeep compass head light? It looks like a projector head light. Any one with advice
Thanks,
Julio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-20-2013, 01:11 PM

Garage
no, the new 2014 grand Cherokee light will not fit. however, there are unconfirmed reports that the 2011-2013 grand Cherokee headlights will. also, the compass has projector headlights in it for the 2014 model year, you could always just get a set of those.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-21-2013, 05:40 AM

Garage
Also, the 2014 Compass projector headlights are not HID where as the Grand Cherokee projector headlights are.

The Grand Cherokee headlights will fit but the wire harness is different.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
post #5 of 8 Old 12-21-2013, 01:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF1ANT View Post
Also, the 2014 Compass projector headlights are not HID where as the Grand Cherokee projector headlights are.

The Grand Cherokee headlights will fit but the wire harness is different.
right, but the difficulty there will be the fact that the ballasts for the HIDs are not built in to the headlights, they are an external component. easiest thing to do is to get the compass headlight and get aftermarket HIDs for them.

the other difficult thing will be getting the high beams to work properly.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-29-2013, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
sounds like a project for me to do..
post #7 of 8 Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Hid's

The Low Beam Headlights and the Fog Lights use exactly the same H-11 Bulb Configuration. The Fog Lights are of he projector type where as the dim, are not. That means, use the Fog Lights with the H-11 HID Bulbs there and in the low beams as well, lighting is terrific:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
right, but the difficulty there will be the fact that the ballasts for the HIDs are not built in to the headlights, they are an external component. easiest thing to do is to get the compass headlight and get aftermarket HIDs for them.

the other difficult thing will be getting the high beams to work properly.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 01:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
The Low Beam Headlights and the Fog Lights use exactly the same H-11 Bulb Configuration. The Fog Lights are of he projector type where as the dim, are not. That means, use the Fog Lights with the H-11 HID Bulbs there and in the low beams as well, lighting is terrific:
that itsn't what I meant at all. look at it this way.

in the projector headlight, the "high beam" effect is made by removing a baffle in the projector itself, allowing the projector to emit light higher up than normal. well, how are you going to accomplish this with a compass not equipped with projectors from the factory? some compass models (like mine) turn off the low beams when the high beams are put on. this means that even if I used the wire for the high beams to activate the baffle, my headlights would go out entirely. and for people that have daytime running lights, another impossibility arises, because you would somehow need to differentiate between the light going to the DRL light in the projector, and to the projector itself to activate the high beam. in a non-projector compass, both of those functions are provided by the same wire.

see what I mean by wiring difficulties? it's not the bulb that's the issue, its the wiring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in