Copycats! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Copycats!

Here's GM's Compass copycat vehicle.

Only problem it's not a Jeep and it's way overpriced.
http://www.gmc.com/terrain/terrain/i..._|_gmc_terrain

COMPASS POWER!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM

Garage
Nice looking package, a bit too much chrome for my liking, but new is always nice,
Not for me . . . no standard transmissions . . . only available as automatic,

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 10 Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Administrator

The Terrain is not bad looking I don't think. One of the things that disappointed me a bit about the Compass at introduction, and yes, I know they did it that way to reduce price and whatnot, but they really de-contented the vehicle. You practically had to put all the options/features back in, but manufacturers now seem to be figuring out how to include more standard features without having to jack up the price exponentially.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, for my money all those over the top options are a scam. Most of them you hardly ever use. My neighbor has heated seats, mirrors and tons of other krap in his Jaguar and he don't even remember how to turn them on half the time. So how much of the 65K cost is he really utilizing? I think the basic Compass comes with enough stuff to satisfy most practical customers. I don't have the GPS feature but I plan to add a Tom Tom for $60 from Radio Shack.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Question

Isn't the new Terrain actually the old Pontiac Torrent? With a new body style, of course.

09 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport 4X4 *inferno red*5sp manual*sun & sound grp* SOLD
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 *RED*
12 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
48 Dodge Power Wagon AWD *continental flathead 6*
post #6 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Uh Oh! You mean sort of like is the Compass really a Patriot with new skin, built on a Caliber chassis?

Let's not go there!

JEEP POWER!
post #7 of 10 Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM

lol, Thats what we get for buying from a conglomerate auto company eh?

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #8 of 10 Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You know seriously, I think where Toyota and Honda SNAFU'ed was becoming so jaded that their cars were the best in the industry (and perhaps they were at some time) they got complaisant over the years and dropped the ball on supervision both in the design stage and manufacturing process. They will recoup in time but the stgma created by the media will knock them down from the top rung. The first new car I ever purchased was a Datsun wagon in 1966 followed by a Datsun 2000 roadster in 70. Those were without a doubt the best mechanical cars I have ever owned. They were extremely well made with precission parts and body that you had trouble denting with a hammer. I wish I had my roadster with me as new today. Course I love my Compass baby and she will more than do me at this stage of the game.

Speaking about cars, look at these fine "model" cars and go back to yesterday when cars meant well "cars".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/
post #9 of 10 Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
The first new car I ever purchased was a Datsun wagon in 1966 followed by a Datsun 2000 roadster in 70. Those were without a doubt the best mechanical cars I have ever owned. They were extremely well made with precission parts and body that you had trouble denting with a hammer. I wish I had my roadster with me as new today. Course I love my Compass baby and she will more than do me at this stage of the game.

Speaking about cars, look at these fine "model" cars and go back to yesterday when cars meant well "cars".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/
LOL! I was a Datsun freak when I was younger, my first new car was a '69 510 2 door, which by '71 I had heavily modified it as I was into Pete Brock racing and 2000cc and under trans am racing.I was a member of the "Inland Empire Datsuns" car club in Calif. I bought many different Datsuns through the years, and enjoyed them all!
I apologize for the hijack.

09 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport 4X4 *inferno red*5sp manual*sun & sound grp* SOLD
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 *RED*
12 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
48 Dodge Power Wagon AWD *continental flathead 6*
post #10 of 10 Old 02-20-2010, 04:16 PM

Most of GM models are based on copy cats. Form the Camaro (Mustang) to the Sierra (Ram) to the HHr (PtCruiser)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in