Rims, spacers, tires and lift kit - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Rims, spacers, tires and lift kit

I bought a 2013 jeep compass last year and want to make it look better than it does. I need some advice on what kind of rim and how big of a tire can I put on it. Also thinking about spacers so there is no rubbing. Can anyone give me some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I bought a 2013 jeep compass last year and want to make it look better than it does. I need some advice on what kind of rim and how big of a tire can I put on it. Also thinking about spacers so there is no rubbing. Can anyone give me some advice.
I put 225/75R16 tires (about 29.29") on some 16x6 Keystone Aluminum Wheels (Jeep Liberty wheels--see picture below). This wasn't really possible without a lift from Rocky Road Outfitters (2 1/8"), if you have FDII, it may be possible with no lift.

As for spacers, you will want to check your state (or province in my case ) laws as to how far (if at all) the tire can stick out from the fender/flares (If you get the lift with the size tire I mentioned it shouldn't be necessary anyways).

And finally if you really want to make your Compass look mean, you can purchase some plastidip and dip your rims & badges. You could also smoke your lights, but I wouldn't suggest it -- check your state laws if you do. There is also an abundance of other things you can do, just search around a bit.

After all is said and done, I'm personally trying to achieve this look:

post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I have a FDII compass.

Prior to the lift and winch and bumper and exhaust (I've done everything)

I ran 225/75/16 tires with a bit of rubbing

That was prior to eveyrthing, so stock FDII

Also ran 235/65/17 with a bit of rubbing.

After lifting it though I needed spacers on the rear to give clearance on the struts. WIth 235/65/17 you'll also need spacers with a lift on the front because they will rub on the pinch weld in the front.

Boehml, what province are you in, i'm in SK

My jeep is getting close to the look you are going after.

And a video, a compass is no slouch offroad if you do it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLbM9EoW3gs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Last edited by Tyler-98-W68; 04-04-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Boehml, what province are you in, i'm in SK
I'm from BC, the most expensive place on earth...

I will post pictures of my Jeep Compass once I get a chance, we're still working on it.. looking for a low pro roof rack, fender flares and other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in