Any campers? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Any campers?

Hey everyone, new to the forum, first post.
I had about a month long debate on which to buy: caliber or compass. Since I'm outside most of the (mostly) bareable camping season I went with the compass. I've had Mr. Chocolate for about 24hrs now and just wanted to know if anybody else uses theirs for camping. I was kinda iffy about how shallow the trunk space is. Anybody got a "camping review"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2007, 01:16 AM

Not yet with the Compass, but looking forward to it soon, another month here in central MA. I camped with my Matrix, so no worries about the Compass. I'm more worried about the weather....not looking good! I'm hoping to get the tents set up in the next couple of weeks. We have a Nor'Easter coming in tomorrow, please no sno*!
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2007, 08:53 PM

Camping with the Compass

I sure intend doing that. I already have a tent I used with my Buick Rendevouz and planning to use it with the Compass. Take a look at the link from Costco. You can also buy similar tents from Bass Proshop as well (not sure where you are located). You also order from Bass Pro over the web.
I also intend carrying my Canoe & Bikes on my Compass.

Good Luck

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... CCESSORIES

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Produ ... v=&browse=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Yea, I was looking at the tents when I was shopping around for extras to pick up. I'm not sure where you guys are, but a lot of the camping I do is in bear areas. I'm VERY careful about making sure all of my stuff is either locked up away from my tent, or tied up in a tree somewhere a ways off. The idea of having my cooler full of bear goodies connected to my tent makes me really nervous. I had visions of me trying to scramble in through the back and driving away crying with my tent trailing behind....

I think I'm going to manage to get some outdoor time in about a month or so, I'll let you guys know how much gear I managed to cram into Mr. Chocolate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in