Mascara! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Mascara!

Ok,
I'm looking for some advice, I was driving some friends around and one of the girls in the back accidently swipped her mascara along the top of my Compass's roof! Any idea on what I should use to clean it?

Jeep Compass LIMITED 4x2 - Jeep Green
*Driver Package
*Security Package
*Boston Speaker Upgrade
*U-Connect Connectivity
*Sirius Sat. Radio
*Pin-Strip
*Wheel Locks
*Black Vent Visors
*LED Multi-Color Underglow
*Rallye Body Kit [Pending Installation]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Here is a hint I got from my dealer, because there was a black stain on my interior when I bought it... What worked for me, just take maybe less than a capful of bleach to a cup of water, not too much. I didn't actually measure parts bleach to water, but basically a WEAK bleach/water solution and a rag, with some LIGHT scrubbing gets it out. It worked for me, twice. Don't scrub too hard, but wait a bit for it to dry, and then you can tell if you might have to go back and do it again. Hope this helps, it worked for me. I was able to remove the stains. Just sucks, that for that amount of money, all they could do was tell me how to get it out, but were too lazy to detail the car upon delivery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
Here is a hint I got from my dealer, because there was a black stain on my interior when I bought it... What worked for me, just take maybe less than a capful of bleach to a cup of water, not too much. I didn't actually measure parts bleach to water, but basically a WEAK bleach/water solution and a rag, with some LIGHT scrubbing gets it out. It worked for me, twice. Don't scrub too hard, but wait a bit for it to dry, and then you can tell if you might have to go back and do it again. Hope this helps, it worked for me. I was able to remove the stains. Just sucks, that for that amount of money, all they could do was tell me how to get it out, but were too lazy to detail the car upon delivery.

Thanks! I was thinking of trying the OxyClean stuff, because it's supposed to lift the stain out, lol. I dunno. I can't believe the dealer told you how to get it out. That's very poor customer service.

Jeep Compass LIMITED 4x2 - Jeep Green
*Driver Package
*Security Package
*Boston Speaker Upgrade
*U-Connect Connectivity
*Sirius Sat. Radio
*Pin-Strip
*Wheel Locks
*Black Vent Visors
*LED Multi-Color Underglow
*Rallye Body Kit [Pending Installation]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Yeah, don't get me started on that. I was VERY unhappy with the service at the sale and after the sale. The salesperson didn't even have to work for the sale, as I already had the car picked out. All she had to do was finish the paperwork.
I already contacted Chrysler customer service about that, as well as their shoddy work at the shop. They are not done hearing from me, but good luck to you on that. Never thought about Oxy-clean. It might work, but I don't know myself. Just told you what worked for me. Curious as to whether it works for others. Let me know how it goes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 03:13 AM

i was wondering the same thing also this weekend cause i have some small stains from people getting their dirty hands on the mirror...i was wondering if some kind of sneaker cleaner would do the trick.....
post #6 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 11:41 PM

Re: Mascara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmercanEagleDude
Ok,
I'm looking for some advice, I was driving some friends around and one of the girls in the back accidently swipped her mascara along the top of my Compass's roof! Any idea on what I should use to clean it?
Shout Gel Stick. (With the brush built into the top)
:!:

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #7 of 7 Old 04-18-2007, 03:03 PM

I use Resolve Spot Remover on my visors, lousy design, they are going to get dirty.
http://www.amazon.com/Resolve-Aerosol-C ... B00006IA7V

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in