i need help please - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i need help please

I'm sorry for posting this here but im new and don't know how to post or ask a question on here I have a 2007 compass that I literally have owned about 20 hrs. now so im freaking out the following lights are showing abs/esp./bas/4wd!/and traction control it just had new brakes put on the back the left rear abs sensor is the problem I think the dealership where I got it took it off and cleaned it and it worked for awhile then the lights came back on I ordered a new sensor and im putting it on tomorrow but my question is the 4wd! light came on and was flashing then the traction control light came on and was flashing like it does wen u spin but I wasn't spinning anyway then all of a sudden while I was driving it acted like it was stuck in gear and wouldn't shift up all I could do was like 15 mph and it was at about 3000 rpms I pulled over and cut it off the book said that light meant 4wd overload or something I cant remember but when I started it back after about 10 mins the lights where still on but it drove fine and shifted fine now can anyone tell me if that not shifting problem was caused by the abs sensor being messed up or is that something else the previous owner wont let me ask them any questions about it im 19 and bought this car for my fiancé we spent every dime we had to get it and I traded my car in so im stuck now and don't know what to do im changing the sensor tomorrow and hopefully it fixes but id like to no if it will fix my not shifting problem. thank you very much for reading this and for your replies that I hope I get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Traction control if it activates will automatically apply brakes making it hard to move. If the sensors are bad all sorts of possibilities can appear. The dealer will read the code on the computer for the areas flagging a fault. There is a means of disabling traction control with the button on the dash. Momentary by pushing it and I believe long term by holding it in for a longer period. Anyway its in the manual.

2007 were not there best year by a long shot. Make sure if you have warranty for it that the suspension and front end steering components are 100% (tie rod ends, A arm ball joint ) they wear out fast. Any noise from the alternator have them change it or it will cost you at least $600 for them to replace it as its a big jobs working on it.

You might have the option to have them buy it back and get something else. A real SUV (this is a Calibre car) with a different shell and Jeep badge slapped on it.

good luck

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-11-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well more news not sure if its good or bad but I went this morning to pick up the new sensor and surprise it was a new hub and not a sensor the guy told me he couldn't order the sensor for the back tire for a 4x4 jeep I don't know why but then I called and talked to the mechanic where I bought the car and he told me several different things that contradicted what the dealer was telling me yesterday anyways I got it down there and left it there supposed to order the part and the mechanic is gonna drive it over the weekend I hope I guess im stuck with the car and will have to just do whatever it takes but hopefully we can solve this and somebody in the future will be able to fix there's from my bad luck thanks for your answer and if anyone knows anything else I should check on this thing before it just goes out please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-11-2014, 06:01 PM

On many bigger SUV's the ABS sensor is built into the bearing hub. That may be the case with the Compass but I am not sure. When the bearing goes bad the play in the bearing can cause the sensor to not respond causing problems. Your mechanic could verify that verify that quite quickly with a look. (The sensor wires go right into the bear hub as opposed to an external sensor mounted somewhere nearby.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tripplec; 06-13-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo and details added
post #5 of 6 Old 06-11-2014, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
re

Thanks for letting me know that I'll let u know what they do wen they let me no something
post #6 of 6 Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 PM

Garage
Order the sensor from rockauto or nappa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in