Water Wetter FTW - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 30 Old 07-21-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Water Wetter FTW

So i used this for the first time and it really did lower the running temp of the engine, i dont have exact numbers of how much it reduced the temp . but it was definetly a noticable differance on the gauge.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=74&pcid=10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Garage
I did some looking and reports don't advise using this product if you have antifreeze or coolant in the system. They say it is OK for use with striaght water only systems. Beware!
post #3 of 30 Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 PM

An engine running too cool will will not be as efficient in burning fuel. If the computer sees it too low it may keep it richer than it should. I think my engine run too cool as it is. Only on the highway and after a while does it get to about 11 oclock on the gage. Otherwise in town its 10-1030 ish. I know these 2.4's have two thermostats but I don't know what the are doing with them nor why the change only then in temperature. I will be interested to see what heat I get in the winter.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 PM

Garage
If ya keep messin with your compass, eventually it's gonna blow up!

Remember guys, this is a cheap jeep for FEMALES! It's not supposed to be modded!

Ya wanna mod something, get a Pontiac Firebird!
post #5 of 30 Old 07-21-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
redline says its ok with coolant, i have placed my faith with them lol. also i know a bunch of people that have used it with coolant and without issues.

trust me i dont get the same looks in my jeep as i get in my nissan, but i do enjoy being a bit different than every other compass out there

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #6 of 30 Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Sky said :
Quote:
this is a cheap jeep for FEMALES!
Oh yeah since when ????

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #7 of 30 Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM

Garage
I think Chrysler designers had the female housewife/commuter in mind when they formulated the Compass. I read that somewhere when I was researching buying my Sport. There are 2 other Compasses in my subdivision both owned by females.

Na look, I ain't got nuttin against females. If it twernt for one of them, I wouldn't be here driving my FEMALE Jeep!

Ya know, when you come to think of it, most Minivans and SUV's were created for the soccer mom! Real men would rather drive a Pontiac Firebird!
post #8 of 30 Old 07-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

I will add no comment to that................Pontiac Firebird......phewwwww......what a waste !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #9 of 30 Old 07-22-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
im gonna start trolling for soccer mommies on saturdays, come to think of it my friends hot mom just bought a patriot, maybe ill visit her and we can discuss our grocery getters.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #10 of 30 Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
I think Chrysler designers had the female housewife/commuter in mind when they formulated the Compass. I read that somewhere when I was researching buying my Sport. There are 2 other Compasses in my subdivision both owned by females.

Na look, I ain't got nuttin against females. If it twernt for one of them, I wouldn't be here driving my FEMALE Jeep!

Ya know, when you come to think of it, most Minivans and SUV's were created for the soccer mom! Real men would rather drive a Pontiac Firebird!
Oh Oh we have another person unsure of his sexually posting here!
If I wanted a real muscle car, it wouldn't be a firebird but would be a Ford Mustang, the original muscle car.
post #11 of 30 Old 07-23-2010, 07:49 AM

Actually the Jeep Compass was created for bobbleheads.

I just saw a TV spot for another jeep product, to me it screamed don't buy me it was so bad. Jeep must be letting some crack addicts write and approve their advertising.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #12 of 30 Old 07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

The Caliber, Patriot and our beloved Compass were created in my opinion as a 4 cylinder Cross over urban vehicule.......targeted for people looking for a good return on money well spent. No artificial gadgets. nothing complicated to ride and easy maintenance.....at a very affordable price.....juts compare it with similar vehicule on the market.......and we have a winner here !!!!!!

And if it attract woman. soccer mom, the neighbor's wife..............well let it be

My 2 cents !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #13 of 30 Old 07-23-2010, 02:08 PM

Talking

Quote:

I just saw a TV spot for another jeep product, to me it screamed don't buy me it was so bad. Jeep must be letting some crack addicts write and approve their advertising.
Please note who is in the drivers seat though. Looks like a soccer dad to me.

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #14 of 30 Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 PM

Garage
Na don't ya'll go and get excited about da eye's persuasion. I garontee he's an all around round circle with an arrow sticking out!

Seriously, I chose the Compass cause I owned a 90 Mustang GT and it literally ran itself into destruction in a very short time. Most Mustangs are just a good looking car that's a POS. Now the Jeeps, they are very ugly cars that actually WORK!

Ha do ya like me na!
post #15 of 30 Old 07-24-2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Na don't ya'll go and get excited about da eye's persuasion. I garontee he's an all around round circle with an arrow sticking out!

Seriously, I chose the Compass cause I owned a 90 Mustang GT and it literally ran itself into destruction in a very short time. Most Mustangs are just a good looking car that's a POS. Now the Jeeps, they are very ugly cars that actually WORK!

Ha do ya like me na!

Of course your right! Most Mustangs are POS. In fact they are so terrible that they have only been around since 1965 and have only built 8 Million of them. No wonder you never see them on the road!
post #16 of 30 Old 07-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
So i used this for the first time and it really did lower the running temp of the engine, i dont have exact numbers of how much it reduced the temp . but it was definetly a noticable differance on the gauge.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=74&pcid=10
If you want a cooler running engine, why not just do what most Mopar modders do and swap out the stock T-stat with a 180? Now that's a noticeable difference!

Quote:
If ya keep messin with your compass, eventually it's gonna blow up!

Remember guys, this is a cheap jeep for FEMALES! It's not supposed to be modded!

Ya wanna mod something, get a Pontiac Firebird!
LOL Sky! Who says ya' can't mod the Compass? It's got an engine in it, same as any other.

Quote:

That is exactly the demographic they had in mind with the Compass. 30 something women who were educated and had a median income in the 50K range, as well as those who had, for whatever reason, never had a Jeep before but had always wanted one, so this was a way to bring them into the fold, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
I will add no comment to that................Pontiac Firebird......phewwwww......what a waste !!!!!
AMEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post

Sure seems that way doesn't it! At first, the bobbleheads weren't too bad, but that campaign, IMO, took the focus away from the real people they were trying to attract with the Compass, but then it went from bad to worse with that garbage man looking robot ad.....Never could figure out what was up with that one.

Quote:
The Caliber, Patriot and our beloved Compass were created in my opinion as a 4 cylinder Cross over urban vehicule.......targeted for people looking for a good return on money well spent. No artificial gadgets. nothing complicated to ride and easy maintenance.....at a very affordable price.....juts compare it with similar vehicule on the market.......and we have a winner here !!!!!!

And if it attract woman. soccer mom, the neighbor's wife..............well let it be

My 2 cents !!!!!
Didn't they call it that at one point, the "Urban Recreational Vehicle?"

Quote:

Ha do ya like me na!
Tough not to like ya' there Sky, but boy oh.....wait, man oh.....female...I seriously laughed out loud when I read this conversation haha, but a car to be modded even though it is close to perfection on the assembly line.......the Challenger R/T FTW!!!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #17 of 30 Old 07-24-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:

Ha do ya like me na!
If you do car maintenance as well as you spell, no wonder your cars fall apart!
post #18 of 30 Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 AM

Garage
Excuse me, that's just the Cajun in me! (course you wouldn't know anything about acadians!)
You can eat off my Comp inside and out. She lives in an air-conditioned garage and I occasionally go out there in the middle of the night and talk to her!

Ces't la vie, ces't la guerre, ces't la pom de terre!

Mon français n'est pas trop bon dernièrement!

Last edited by Skyeye; 07-25-2010 at 12:32 AM.
post #19 of 30 Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Tu l'as bien dit Sky! Funny thing is, sometimes I break out into the Cajun speak as well and actually catch myself typing it, too!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #20 of 30 Old 07-25-2010, 03:01 PM

It helps the radiator disapate the heat better, your thermatstat will still open at the factory temp. It will take longer to get to normal operating temperture but otherwise things should be about the same. I have used water wetter for years in my truck, and charger with no ill effects.

2007 Compass 4X4 blue & slow
1969 Charger RT 440 auto 4:10 sure grip & manual everything
2010 Jeep Wrangler
post #21 of 30 Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Excuse me, that's just the Cajun in me! (course you wouldn't know anything about acadians!)
You can eat off my Comp inside and out. She lives in an air-conditioned garage and I occasionally go out there in the middle of the night and talk to her!

Ces't la vie, ces't la guerre, ces't la pom de terre!

Mon français n'est pas trop bon dernièrement!
Sine the Acadians were originally from Canada, I know quite a bit about them.
post #22 of 30 Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

I'm amaze on how well you can speak the french language my friend from the bayou of New Orleans (Sky & Che)..........bravo à toi et ton ami Cherokee....keep the cajun coming I find myself speaking outloud to hear the prononciation sometine and crack myself up !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #23 of 30 Old 07-26-2010, 02:16 AM

Garage
I find it helps if you do the accent in your head too.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #24 of 30 Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 AM

Garage
la bon cum sa!
post #25 of 30 Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm amaze on how well you can speak the french language my friend from the bayou of New Orleans (Sky & Che)..........bravo à toi et ton ami Cherokee....keep the cajun coming I find myself speaking outloud to hear the prononciation sometine and crack myself up !!!!!
Je vous remercie Ffl! Malheureusement, je ne reçois pas d'utiliser mon français si souvent. Na Sky, ya' na have a pardna in crime!

- Cherokee

post #26 of 30 Old 07-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Garage
Votre francais est assez bon pour moi de comprendre. I don't remember how to do the accents on my keyboard.

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #27 of 30 Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Ok guys you need a lesson in french immersion here... ......you guys are really good........I must admit !!!!

Bravo and keep it up...........a bit of french will always spice your life up !!!! Asl any woman around !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #28 of 30 Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM

Smokey,

Use ALT and num code from 130 to around 200
Example 130 is é and 138 is è

okie-diggie-do?

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #29 of 30 Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 PM

Garage
Ah yes, the older I get the more things I forget.

post #30 of 30 Old 07-31-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:

not as bad as the first ford designed by a women go figure it was named the ford probe

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in