Jeep Compass' with LiftKits - Jeep Compass Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 39 Old 06-28-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Jeep Compass' with LiftKits

Couldnt find a thread for Jeep Compass' that have lift kits installed. Thought I would start one so we people with nice jeeps can post pics and people looking to put on lifts could come for questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 06-28-2014, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here is what I've got going so far. Next will be the brush bar and winch and then the roof rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140528_082952.jpg (76.3 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg 20140528_082854.jpg (62.7 KB, 327 views)

Last edited by SaltKills; 06-28-2014 at 10:33 PM.
post #3 of 39 Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 PM

What year is your Jeep and where did you find the lift kit? I have a 2011 Jeep Compass and what to put a lift and brush guard as well, any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 06-28-2014, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
my jeep is also a 2011. I ordered the lift kit online through rocky road outfitters. Its rocky-road.com They have a bunch of stuff for the compass that is sure to fit the compass no problem. just make sure you order the right year, the older ones use different stuff. If you do get the lift and put bigger tires on, you might need to get wheel spacers for the back if your on stock rims. When I put 245 dynopro a/t m on it, they rubbed the back strut assembly a bit when the camber was set correctly. So i purchased spidertrax 1.5in spacers for the back. The front was cool and I've heard its not that good to put spacers on the front end as it stresses the components.
oceaneyes likes this.

Last edited by SaltKills; 10-09-2014 at 03:31 AM.
post #5 of 39 Old 09-18-2014, 05:41 PM

Garage
where can i find a lift kit for my 2010 jeep compass?
post #6 of 39 Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBarker View Post
where can i find a lift kit for my 2010 jeep compass?
AT Rocky-Road.com they have for all year but like SaltKills said make sure to pick the right year
post #7 of 39 Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Lifted!

RRO Lift kit + 235/65/17 Cooper Discoverer AT/3

1.25" spacers front and rear.
LordReddawg and Naganooch like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #8 of 39 Old 03-15-2015, 09:18 PM

Hi, just joined the forum today looking for any info anyone can give me on putting a lift on a compass, I have a 2014 I want to be able to take off road some.
post #9 of 39 Old 04-12-2015, 09:12 PM

Garage
Hey guys, the Jeeps look fantastic. I want to know about the performance of the lift kits. How has it affected MPG and ride quality mostly? Does it handle a little different because it has a higher ground clearance or does it feel relatively the same? Also do you have any photo's of what it looks like on stock rims and tires after the lift has been put on?
Thanks!
post #10 of 39 Old 04-13-2015, 06:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettski321 View Post
Hey guys, the Jeeps look fantastic. I want to know about the performance of the lift kits. How has it affected MPG and ride quality mostly? Does it handle a little different because it has a higher ground clearance or does it feel relatively the same? Also do you have any photo's of what it looks like on stock rims and tires after the lift has been put on?
Thanks!
The riding on my 2014 2.4L manual there as no change in mileage still got about 29-32 gal. on the riding in my opinion it rides better feels ur in more control do to you siting higher. I think I got some pic of lift with stock rims and tires all I will sayt looks 10x better with larger tiers I have 235/65/R17 with 1.5" spacers that as large as u can go without doing mods the fender well
post #11 of 39 Old 04-14-2015, 12:38 AM

Garage
29-32?! I drive a bit of mix and I'm averaging around 25, put in a K&N air filter and the gas mileage really hasn't changed. Same thing, 14' compass 2.4L with a manny. What all have you done with your vehicle other than the lift? I'm probably going to follow suit and lift mine with the RRO and some thicker tires, What I really want to do is get some undercarriage protection. Jeep doesn't offer it on the manual transmissions apparently. I had custom ordered mine and that was a bit of a disappointment for me.
post #12 of 39 Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettski321 View Post
29-32?! I drive a bit of mix and I'm averaging around 25, put in a K&N air filter and the gas mileage really hasn't changed. Same thing, 14' compass 2.4L with a manny. What all have you done with your vehicle other than the lift? I'm probably going to follow suit and lift mine with the RRO and some thicker tires, What I really want to do is get some undercarriage protection. Jeep doesn't offer it on the manual transmissions apparently. I had custom ordered mine and that was a bit of a disappointment for me.
so far all ive done is the lift and tiers im in the military and stationed in Germany so its hard to get something's over here but im planning on getting the SuperSliders from RRO the hole bumper kit with winch also changing my lower fasica (lower bumper cover) with the FDII model one better clearance and looks better the roof rack from RRO when they ever come out with 2011+ model I had a standered one but it seems to sit to high the RRO one sits really low to the jeep looks way better and gas/engine skid plates

SuperSliders Patriot Rock Sliders: Protect Your Jeep with Patriot Rock Sliders

Bumoper Kit Jeep Compass bumper kits and winch kits

Fasica FASCIA. Front Lower. Fascia, Front, Compass for 2014 JEEP COMPASS. #68109862AA

Skid Plates Results for Model: Compass > Category: Exterior Accessories > Type: Skid Plates - Search
post #13 of 39 Old 04-14-2015, 11:42 PM

Garage
Thumbs up Sweet

Thanks a bunch for the links, tossed that into my favorites. I bought my Compass through NEX Car Sales, got a pretty solid deal on it. Honestly had never even seen one before I bought it but I've been pretty happy with it so far (sans transmission bearing issues). When I get a bit more money saved up I'll certainly be getting this thing up off the ground. Pretty much everything I need here to get this to quit being such a city Jeep.
post #14 of 39 Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 AM

Garage
ya that's one thing about the compass its not for rock crawling that's for sure but u can make it a nice back country jeep I take mine into mountains and woods all the time here in Germany to camp and soon ill be doing it in Alaska lol
post #15 of 39 Old 04-15-2015, 04:38 PM

Mpg

Any problems with Gas Mileage with the bigger tires

post #16 of 39 Old 05-26-2015, 11:18 PM

Garage
ive seen a slight but as long as u keep diving like u normaly do u wont see a large jum bu if u drive hard and fast yes u will
post #17 of 39 Old 05-28-2015, 02:45 PM

Garage
So, I'm having a huge issue trying to get the rear camber adjusted after installing the lift kit. Did everyone have this big of an issue trying to find a mechanic who will adjust the rear via the RRO Upper Control Arms? Front end was adjusted perfectly...but the rears are still sitting cambered out. I have an appointment for the Dealership to attempt the alignment and I'm a bit worried that they will freak out once they notice they will have to do some work...

Has anyone one here completed the RRO post-installation alignment themselves?
post #18 of 39 Old 05-28-2015, 03:09 PM

Garage
Most mom and pop garages have a hard time with true 4 wheel alignment. I informed my dealership of my install and scheduled an appointment immediately after with no issue's. Any jeep dealership worth it's salt has seen a lift kit or two. And the Rro lift does NOT void warranty
post #19 of 39 Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Garage
Yeah, so I just came back form the Dealership here in Bitburg Germany. For those of you trying to get a post-install alignment...forget it. I got the ol' "Sorry, it's too difficult." and one mechanic even told me that the kit is "how do you say in English...'Cheap ****'". WTF? Why is it so difficult to find a good mechanic?!

Seriously how hard is it to do this alignment myself?
post #20 of 39 Old 06-01-2015, 03:54 PM

Garage
ya I in vilseck and widen is to far of a drive I got lucky and found a good shop but 4 wheel alignment shouldn't be that out going for them even here in germany
post #21 of 39 Old 07-04-2015, 06:01 PM

Garage
Just what do the spacers do, and how do you know what size you need?
post #22 of 39 Old 07-05-2015, 02:37 AM

Garage
Spacers are there to push ur wheels outward away from ur struts or springs I have 1.5" in mine because I ha e wider tires to where if I didn't have the spacers there be rubbing and wearing down both my tire and strut how ever they aren't that good for ur hubs and arms due to the stress they put on them so don't go to crazy if anything look Into a 0°off set rim that's about 1.5" differents with the spacers
jaketsnake likes this.
post #23 of 39 Old 09-02-2015, 03:38 AM

RRO Lift control arm bushings

Has anyone with a RRO lift kit heard of anyone w/ rear control arm bushing wearing out and won't maintain the camber alignment? I only put 500 miles of normal driving on them. RRO say likely not originally greased or grease used compromised the integrity of the bushings??
post #24 of 39 Old 09-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Upper or lower control arms, the upper ones supplied by RRO I haven't had any issues with. My factory lower control arm bushings went bad before I put the lift on.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #25 of 39 Old 09-02-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillty1 View Post
Has anyone with a RRO lift kit heard of anyone w/ rear control arm bushing wearing out and won't maintain the camber alignment? I only put 500 miles of normal driving on them. RRO say likely not originally greased or grease used compromised the integrity of the bushings??
That would be the rear upper control arms supplied with the kit..
post #26 of 39 Old 09-03-2015, 06:21 AM

Garage
ya but make sure u check to see that the zerk fitting get put on when I hade min installed they broke off due to not enoff clearance u need to buy flush zerk fittings for the rear
post #27 of 39 Old 09-03-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordReddawg View Post
ya but make sure u check to see that the zerk fitting get put on when I hade min installed they broke off due to not enoff clearance u need to buy flush zerk fittings for the rear

Yeah I bought some flush fittings in advance. Had control arms greased then put in the flush fittings because the original ones had clearance problem...
post #28 of 39 Old 10-31-2015, 03:33 AM

Has anybody else ha e trouble getting rear toe set on the rro lift
post #29 of 39 Old 11-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrider View Post
Has anybody else ha e trouble getting rear toe set on the rro lift
There is no toe adjustment with the factory tow links, you'd have to get adjustable toe links

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #30 of 39 Old 02-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltKills View Post
my jeep is also a 2011. I ordered the lift kit online through rocky road outfitters. Its rocky-road.com They have a bunch of stuff for the compass that is sure to fit the compass no problem. just make sure you order the right year, the older ones use different stuff. If you do get the lift and put bigger tires on, you might need to get wheel spacers for the back if your on stock rims. When I put 245 dynopro a/t m on it, they rubbed the back strut assembly a bit when the camber was set correctly. So i purchased spidertrax 1.5in spacers for the back. The front was cool and I've heard its not that good to put spacers on the front end as it stresses the components.
I love it! I think it looks great! Thanks for the picture and info!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in