Top Speed Limitations and DVD video playback? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 10-20-2014, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Top Speed Limitations and DVD video playback?

Two things really quick:

First, I was driving the Autobahn and noticed that at around 150Km, and during a 45 degree turn, the 2014 Jeep Compass Limited shifts in weight drastically and there is quite a significant amount of body-roll. I immediately had to drop down to about 135Km before it felt comfortable. Anybody else had this experience? I was looking forward to lifting the Jeep 2" but now...not-so-much.

Second, does anyone know how to disable to DVD safety feature? Basically, I can't play DVDs if the Jeep is not in Park. I know this is a widely-known (and used) built in safety feature of most cars now-a-days, but many navigation/DVD systems have a combo of screen touches which if done correctly can disable this. Anyone here know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
As for the instability, i'm not sure the compass will ever excel at highspeed maneuvers like that.

For the DVD playback,

MYGIG LOCKPICK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 5 Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 AM

Garage
im stationed in Germany right now and I've the same issue with the compass but ive had no real problems a lot of the lean is just ur shocks compressing inward do to the force of the turn and speed and if u put a 2" on it like im planning (have the lift not on yet) the roll rate is still low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Tyler-98-W68 and LordReddawg. I'll have to look into "MYGIG LOCKPICK" and ordering those spacers then. Christmas might come a bit early this year...
post #5 of 5 Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexavius View Post
Two things really quick:

First, I was driving the Autobahn and noticed that at around 150Km, and during a 45 degree turn, the 2014 Jeep Compass Limited shifts in weight drastically and there is quite a significant amount of body-roll. I immediately had to drop down to about 135Km before it felt comfortable. Anybody else had this experience? I was looking forward to lifting the Jeep 2" but now...not-so-much.
No autobahn here in Texas but we have tollways that have speed limits to 85 mph[135kph] and I drive them daily and routinely see 85-95 mph and have had no problems in curves at speed...Even though I also have a 14 Limited I don't want to assume that yours also has the 215/55/18 tires like mine but I do keep my tires inflated to 38-40 psi...The tires are not my choice brand-wise but they seem to work well both wet and dry...I currently have 12000 miles on mine so suspension wear should not be an issue but it could be with your Jeep...Maybe time to have the dealership inspect the shocks/struts and see if one or more are prematurely worn???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in